2000 Greenie For Sale - low miles and nice upgrades

Scud

EDIT: Bike has sold.

Well boys, it's a bittersweet decision, but I have too many treasures in the garage... Here she is as of today:

IMG_7534.jpg

And if you don't recall (or are new here) here's a link to a thread about the bike:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19887

And here's the ad I'm going to put on Craigslist, asking $5,500:

---------------------------

A little history of the bike… I am this bike’s second family. I bought it from the original owner’s son. It had sat for quite a while and was running poorly. I’ve brought it back and replaced/repaired the stuff that went bad from sitting. Here’s a list of the recent work I did (although I'm sure I left some stuff off):

• Fuel system – all new fuel lines, new filter, new fuel pump, stainless clamps, cleaned throttle bodies and injectors.
  • Transmission – completely disassembled, inspected (no cracks), resealed, and some re-paint. I also installed the supplemental transmission brace, which was omitted on many of these bikes (leading to cracked transmission cases).
  • New Rubber – new tires (now with about 2,000 miles on them), new throttle body boots, various other new bits.
  • General Clean-up and service – repainted many parts, such as final drive and alternator cover, because some of the original was peeling. Anything that came off got cleaned, painted, lubed, new spark plugs, etc.
  • Fluids – all hydraulics (3), engine oil, transmission oil, and final drive oil. I would do the next service at 10,000 miles.
  • Small parts – several small parts powdercoated, lots of new fasteners.
  • New rear brake pads. Fronts were in great shape. I guess the previous owner was a big rear-brake user. I rarely touch the rear brake.
  • New AGM battery.
  • What I have not done – I have not serviced the front suspension or steering bearings. It would probably be a good idea for the new owner to have the suspension set up for his/her weight and riding style anyway.

Extras on the bike:

• Ohlins shock with reservoir and re-mote preload adjuster
  • Carbon fiber rear fender by Ghezzi-Brian (from Italy)
  • Mistral Exhaust (note that one band on right is scraped, but I think replacements and rivets are available from Mistral)
  • All relays upgraded to high-quality Omrons
  • LED Headlight (much brighter than original)
  • Color matching flyscreen by Stucci (original dealer option)
  • Joe Kenny billet headguards
  • Pazzo shorty levers (great feel and adjustment)
  • Napoleon bar-end mirrors
  • Tail-tidy – I shortened the rear fender, added small LED signals, and a custom-made LED panel inside the stock taillight

6,919 miles as of placing the ad – but I’m going to keep riding it until it sells. Reason for selling is that I just bought a new bike and am keeping another Moto Guzzi V11 Sport.

This is a massively fun motorcycle. The sound, feel, and look, are “just-right.” If you like talking about your bike, this is the bike for you. It’s a head-turner and conversation starter. And it may be collectible at some point, as potentially the last Moto Guzzi sport bike, and the only one of the V11 series with the color theme of the iconic green 1970s V7 sport.

Asking price is $5,500. I’m negotiable and can replace aftermarket parts with originals to accommodate someone whose budget is a bit lower. Original parts (and original tool-roll) included in asking price. I can include a “Roper Plate” with a full-price offer (and can explain what it is if you don’t know). Clear title in my name, registered in CA until January 2019.

Here’s a video I made of the bike when I took it Phoenix recently.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pV9nLH3HNf8&t=193s

And more pics as of today:

IMG_7538.jpg

IMG_7536.jpg

IMG_7535.jpg

IMG_7537.jpg

• Like 2

Someone else can enjoy it next, but not more.  :grin:  It would be nice if it went to a member, or if the new owner joins so I can "visit" her every now and then.

The new bike is a 2017 Husqvarna 701 Enduro - I put a picture in the "Adventure Bikes" thread. I'm thinking that 2 street bikes and 2 dirt bikes might be a good limit for me. I'm trying to get my ride/wrench ratio to be even more heavily biased to riding.

Now! Y'all behave! :glare:  You can only post "traitor" if you are a rooster-struttin' Greenie  with no room in the garage for this wonderful RedFrame . . .

Don't make me send The Big Brass Lady to Spank yer Bacon Slicer . . .

b8087ccf7ff8350584c7b4635f80a37f.jpg

Traitor X2 now... you guys are funny. The Scura is not going anywhere. The ride/wrench comment was intended as self-criticism. All the bikes I've brought home recently have turned into more work than I thought - and what's the common theme there? It's me... thinking... that seems to get me into trouble.

My Moto Guzzi V11 love-sickness started with the Scura and all the "known" issues. Then a crashed 2002 LeMans parts bike. Then a 2003 LeMans that needed just about everything, then another 2002 LeMans (the Champagne project which is still sitting the in the corner awaiting time and decisions), then the Greenie that could not be refused. Will there be another V11 through here one day? It would not surprise anyone. I should block myself from looking at Craigslist.

Meanwhile, I brought home three K75s BMWs. The first was supposed to be a commuter/beater... but "you know who" couldn't leave well enough alone and started restoring it... so I needed a parts bike, and another fix-and-flip bike to swipe the Ohlins shock from.... and I still have a shed-load of K75 parts... along with some R1100RT parts... which is another story.

And the ST3 (traded for the red LeMans) needed a bit of love... and I'm trying hard not to "improve" her.

And while we're at it... my 1997 Ford F250 needed a lot more work than I thought it would.

So yeah, the condition of too-much-wrenching is largely self-inflicted. Therefore the ride-more cure needs to be self-administered. There is a serious risk of becoming a hoarder. There are parts stashed everywhere, including my camping trailer. Gonna be doing some more pre-spring cleaning too.

• Like 2

you working less on the Guzzi's = me having less fun following.  :ph34r:  "Never have so few done so much for so many" of course includes many contributors to this forum, but your level of sharing the experience is well... quite commendable.  I'm shocked.. shocked I tell you, at the thought of less of it!

and yeah,... I completely agree with all that stuff about riding more :bike:

the Big brass lady is looking better and better. I'm not sure what a bacon slicer is but  ...

• Like 1

Moto Guzzi "Bacon Slicer" (a reference to the exposed flywheel of the long running Guzzi horizontal single (1921-mid70s), in green, even:

maxresdefault.jpg

Let's face it, Redframe Greenies have good reason to strut:

Moto_Guzzi_V7_Sport.jpg