The Leaders We Need (my new book)

Not sure if owners/mods are cool with this or not, but my new book, The Leaders We Need and What Makes Us Follow, Second Edition, is available for pre-order on Amazon. 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/193262712X/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I thought some of you might be interested, and if you decide to buy a copy, I'd appreciate it if you could leave a review.

Warning, there is absolutely nothing in the book about motorcycles. And if this shameless plug for my own book is against the rules, feel free to delete this topic.

• Like 1

Sales must be good, as when I tried to order it, I got "Temporarily Out of Stock."

As a retired Army guy, I have always found writings on leadership to be fascinating; will buy yours.

Trust that the royalties will support your motorcycle habit.   :)

Bill

Thanks Bill - 

They'll ship as soon as they restock. I run a train the trainer course at least once a year for the Army Management Staff College in Fort Leavenworth. They use some of my work in two of their leadership development programs.

Most authors don't see nearly as much royalty as most people assume. But I did manage to buy a 2017 Husqvarna 701 Enduro. Only the third time I have ever bought a new motorcycle. 1986, 2006, and now.

• Like 1

I'm fortunate that I enjoy my work. And working with Michael Maccoby is a real treat. He's written many books on leadership and has a knack for making new ideas seem familiar and comfortable right away - like the networking leaders that LowRyter mentioned (that was Micheal's idea). His earlier book Narcissistic Leaders, Who Succeeds and Who Fails, is excellent.

• 2 weeks later...

A bump only to say they have restocked as Amazon tells me mine's inbound.

Hmmmmm ... wonder if "inbound" is a bibliophilic version of inbred?   :grin:

Sorry, that was first-cup-of-coffee attempt at humor, so unworthy of this sophisticated audience.   :whistle:

Seriously, Tim, look forward to reading it.  Just finishing Chernow's Grant, and will start yours.

Bill

• 4 months later...

Is there nothing this guy can't do?

A great motorcycle rider, an accomplished mechanic, an excellent story teller, a spring manufacturing production manager (with global reach), and now a published author.

Wow.

• Like 1

well.. um.. he can't seem to stop buying motorcycles :ph34r:

Haha - well, I am down to three functioning bikes now. But there are always interesting options out there.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 3 years later...
On 2/21/2018 at 7:01 PM, Scud said:

Not sure if owners/mods are cool with this or not, but my new book, The Leaders We Need and What Makes Us Follow, Second Edition, is available for pre-order on Amazon.

It seems to me that the whole world needs advice on this subject.

• Like 4