The Leaders We Need (my new book)

I own "Have A Nice Conflict" which is a pretty good read. There were a handful of situations I was experiencing with my job as I was reading it that are in the book. The perspective was helpful.

I'll check your new one out.. 

Just saw the thread today!

I purchased a used copy from the link you embedded.

I did not know you were a writer. I always had that aspiration, to write novels. I never really dared so far.

I am more of a fiction type of guy. But I have a few stories which I thought could find an audience. Since I have been trotting around the world, I have a bit of a past that I could draw upon.

I used to read a lot of books.

I am still hesitant in the purchase of Scrivener, but I do have the Affinity suite: Photo, Designer, Publisher. Just in case I let go of my préjugés.

I think the current world environment is perfect for reading something like the Leaders we need.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

@Scud

I received the book;

I think I should be apt to share my opinion having experienced a lot of the topics first hand. I have been in both positions of leading and following;

My upbringing was in a boarding school, boys only, and we would only leave the school during public holidays. I am talking about Elementary and High School. Not University.

Then I joined a Military University as a civil, and did Military service. I joined Schlumberger after giving back my time, and worked in a lot of different places in the world.

As a Supervisor/Lead Engineer, you would have local people under your command. There are some places in the world where a title does not make you a leader.

I have been posted in countries where religion would determine your leaderhsip in a group. I also learned that age and seniority would grant you, or not the respect that you would hope to get. Visual appearance is also a factor of trust or mistrust or hatred.

As I have not yet read the book, I don't know if you have touched on hurdles that come from nationality or gender. When I started my career in the oilfield, a lot of clients judged me based on my nationality. I also witnessed the difficulty of women making their way into leadership.

in certain countries, you have to accept that only G.d leads and determines the outcome of whatever endeavor you embark upon. I do not know if you have studied these case scenarios during your research on leadership.

Anyway, I will read the book and come back to you.

• Thanks 1