Bad Shifts... Now Nothing!

LeMaynes

Yes. I know. Another Gearbox Post... But this one is different then anything I have found thus far. So I decided to post.

I'm sure I will have a real question soon enough. 

I recently lost ability to shift into gears 4 5 6, but made it home without breaking down. Gearbox has been clunky, False neutrals and lots of "grind it to find it" type shifts. I don't think this is directly related but sometimes the foot pedal would get stuck higher than normal and I would need to pull over play with everything to get it back down. 

Now this: (see my gallery) Shattered the forward "movable hose" of the lower lay shaft. (part# 04214900)

trans recall part kit B 973206900016 is on order.

yet to decide which selector parts to order. Need to look at my notes.

I might as well service the clutch since we are half way there already and fork oil too while we are waiting for parts.

2000 V11 sport just hit 15000miles.

Recently did the breaks, so I'm doing all procedures left in the manual for 12000m.

As previously mentioned, I'm sure I will have a real question soon enough. For now I'm just getting my bearings. (pun)

Im sure I will have a real question soon enough. 

gallery_10309_254_46480.jpg

The NHTSA safety recall is still in effect, if you have a local dealer they should fix it.

ProItalia did mine for free, but they resisted until they realized they would be reimbursed by Piaggio to the tune of 9 shop hours...!

The NHTSA safety recall is still in effect, if you have a local dealer they should fix it.

ProItalia did mine for free, but they resisted until they realized they would be reimbursed by Piggio to the tune of 9 shop hours...!

Not sure if there is a dealer in Sac, but there is in SF.

Monroe Motors in SF

The sell Ducati, Triumph and Guzzi

Not bad guys once you get to know them, but not the friendliest bunch either.  A little on the salty side, perhaps due to their location being in the hipster Mission District.

Thanks for the offers of spares parts. I have also seen used on ebay. Only Harper's and AF1racing have new parts, sold as recall Kit B, at an affordable price.

I frequent the bay area but before I decide, I will definitely be contacting the local Moto Guzzi dealer with my fingers crossed.

Some say it has expired:

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=14913&hl=973260900016&do=findComment&comment=161263

justmike said: Posted 30 June 2009 - 04:00 PM

Okay, so the fellas at MotoInternational were able to get me an answer in about 2 minutes flat - I've been waiting for two days from the local dealers  :angry: The bad news is the recall has not been performed on this particular bike. The worse news is, the recall apparently expired on December 31, 2008 ohmy.gif Any suggestions?

What if the recall was already done on my bike? I'm not sure who to trust to tell me so and if so, I'm not sure if they would do it twice... for free.

Hoping JBBenson is right...

ProItalia did mine for free, but they resisted until they realized they would be reimbursed by Piaggio to the tune of 9 shop hours...!

How long ago? ...and yes 8.8 hours to be exact, as per their own documentation.  I will have this in my back pocket, in case I mess up that "secret handshake".

Okay, so the fellas at MotoInternational were able to get me an answer in about 2 minutes flat - I've been waiting for two days from the local dealers  :angry: The bad news is the recall has not been performed on this particular bike. The worse news is, the recall apparently expired on December 31, 2008 ohmy.gif Any suggestions?

The recall didn't expire, it was just renamed as "flexible hose" which was confusing to ProItalia until they saw the 8.8 hours, then they realized it was a new recall, and just a bad translation from Italian to English.

You can call Moto International with your VIN and they can look it up for you. You can also call Piaggio directly in N.Y., which I also did.

• Like 1