Bad Shifts... Now Nothing!

LeMaynes

I might as well service the clutch since we are half way there already and fork oil too while we are waiting for parts.

2000 V11 sport just hit 15000miles.

I can't imagine your clutch would need anything at those low miles. Mine was "ready" at 105,000 miles.

Yet, "while in there", I would inspect the retention washer on the gearbox input hub to be certain it is fully staked into the special nut.

Clutch Service/ Input Hub Inspection

Easy enough to inspect for excessive friction material debris as Tomchri found:

gallery_328_223_16735.jpg

Also, inspect the common leak points in that space. There are eight places a V11 can leak between the back of the engine and the gearbox. The most common are the two lower bolts on the main bearing housing and the gasket for the crankcase vent. Easy to see to these "while in there."

IMG_2704.JPG

long story short...

Local dealer = recall expired - without checking VIN

Called NFTSA = looked up many recall campaign records per my request, all are expired and none confirmed link to my VIN.

Called out of state dealer = very good talk (gave me hope) but no definitive answer from VIN on the record. 

Called Piaggio = VIN confirmed "Never Serviced" (

So I tried my local dealer again and they now say "Yes, it IS covered, but I have to pay in full". And when I question that defeats the purpose, they were quick to end the conversation by claiming either way "we don't service old bike like yours". OUCH!  ...I just laughed and wished them well. I'm done.

The labor of love is shared by few. My hats off to those always offering their support. :oldgit: Hopefully me for you someday. 

$140 for parts and a few hours of meditative tinkering is time and money better spent than in therapy, more so now after have been driven a bit crazy.

• Like 1