Single Plate Clutch Replacement

Nihontochicken

The aluminum flywheel that caused the problems were paired to a single plate clutch in 3 models. '01 Rosso Mandelio, '02 Scura, and '02 Tenni. If you have one of these, there are options. If you have a Rosso Corsa and you believe it has a single plate clutch, it's an aftermarket clutch and should be fine. More details on the bike will help.

another DR650.. cool

Thanks guys, my mistake.  So a stock 2004 Rosso Corsa should have a two plate clutch and be good to go?  Sorry, just learning the V11 ins-and-outs, hopefully enough and so soon as to not make an expensive purchase boo-boo.  This is the model I may be looking at:

lMatGI8.jpg?1

As footgoose noticed, the Rosso Corsa is not a worry for aluminum flywheel.  The '04 V11 are among the best sorted of the series. Sure, there are still some simple things to see to.

Perhaps the biggest pimple on the Corsa is the tendency for the tank decals to exhibit separation/bubbles from various ill reactions of tank deformation and fuel additives, perhaps ethanol.

Thanks guys, my mistake.  So a stock 2004 Rosso Corsa should have a two plate clutch and be good to go?  Sorry, just learning the V11 ins-and-outs, hopefully enough and so soon as to not make an expensive purchase boo-boo.  This is the model I may be looking at:

lMatGI8.jpg?1

Is it the one down in SF? You don't really think we don't know about every V11 Sport for sale anywhere... And yes, if you have the slightest inclination towards this bike you best be parting with your money ASAP.

I contacted the owner last week and decided to pass at the moment.  I purchased a second V11 in the fall and if I add a third I might be sharing the garage with them.  

Looks pretty good and the price is right.  

If you need me to put eyes on it for you, I am only about 20 minutes away.

Man, there's no keeping kitties in the bag here!  :)  Yes, I'm considering the one in Sausalito as well as another V11 (naked Sport) in Half Moon bay as identified elsewhere on this forum.  I hope to see both of them on an early March trip to San Rafael to get together with and old school bud (who just had his second hip replaced and is looking at a second spine fusion surgery, tough times).  I might take you up on your offer, r3datom9, when I get up there, assuming the scooter is still up for grabs, thanks for your interest.

BTW, regarding the Las Vegas Eurocycle V11 put up for sale here that the previous owner returned for resale/refund/whatever, I wrote the shop to ask what was the problem.  The response was, "Wow, the ‘Guzzi Guys don’t miss a thing! That is true about the bike being previously sold. The new owner wasn’t familiar with Moto Guzzi’s and had some issues with the bike, including the riding position, so we bought the bike back. I’d be glad to answer any other questions you may have."  That's quite an understatement compared to what the owner told me by PM, though I need to treat that as confidential, and don't desire to get into a pissing contest in any event.

So if I purchase one of these two bikes and it dies on my way home, will you guys show as much interest and support?  Inquiring minds want to know!  :P

r3datom9..." if you need me to put eyes on it for you, I am only about 20 minutes away."

you know you want to... I couldn't resist (if I was 2250mi closer)

Nihonto... respect to you for keeping some Vegas Scura details to yourself. That thing has been for sale for a long time. Much about it's story get's... "curiouser and curiouser"

good luck with the search. thanks for posting

I also spoke to the brief owner of the Scura and he confirmed my suspicions on that bike. I wouldn't pay more than 4k out the door on it. They want close to 6k after all their fees.

The greenie down south has full Ohlins too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

My vote is for a V11 with the upgrade Ohlins suspension & if someone has been through, sorted & serviced a 16 year bike. Even better !

If I could pull it off the Rosso is next on my list. I mean, once you have the perfect V11 Sport you might as well go down the list from there. :ninja: