More Heartache Oil Leaks

LowRyter

*#$%!.....you guys, if I am not confused and stressed enough....  saw that so I redid all my calculations...

8 kg-m = 78 NM = 58 Lb-ft..

then I reread that you did the same.  and with my Harbor Freight  torque wrench if it's within 5 lb I'll be surprised. 

Probably just keep it on 60.   And for the side stand too.

You should see me use a vacuum cleaner tube as a cheater bar.

Until I can get use of bike stand, I am saved from myself.  I need to call Mr Nevada now.

Thanks CZakky.  I need to score a work stand, I have two buddies and two shops that have them.   

I am just glad I didn't attempt it in the garage and found out the kick stand needed to come off..... and then the whole bike would be balanced on some kind of brick under the engine.   

The seal is on order, so I'll have to figure it out.  It's just a matter of planning and wrenching.  I just need to find a stable workplace where I can level the bike and lock the rear wheel (2 ratchet straps on a wheel spoke, zip tie on the rear brake, locked in gear and maybe a 2x4 in the swingarm). 

It sounds like a disaster waiting to happen.    :2c:

I need to call Mr Nevada now.

Mr. Nevada and Skate would have you fixed up in no time..

I am glad I only met Leafman once (for the embarrassment of it all, he's a great guy)

All you need is a lawn tractor and a rope thrown across a rafter..  :whistle:

that's more equipment than I have now.

And think about it  Skate and The Great One are out & about and having a ball.  Maybe they know what they're doing? They might have more fun doing shit than we have talking about it.

no one, I mean "No One" can possibly have more fun than we do talking about things as mundane as oil leaks.   :nerd::luigi::rasta:

• Like 1

There is a some movement (stress) between engine and front support. When you install front support back it maybe need to lift engine a bit (1-2mm) 

-KG-attachicon.gifMomentteja_2.jpg

Ha! when I pulled the motor last year to change the clutch, one of those bolts was missing! Loosened and fell out some months before :huh2:. Scud sent me another and I loctited it and honked down on the wrench :luigi: BTW, it did not seem to affect motor alignment.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

no leaks so far.  Timing cover gasket and seal replaced.

On the other hand, the bike left me stranded.  Have a new regulator now, and a flickering neutral light and the thing wanted to die when leaned over on the sidestand for no apparent reason 

But so far, a clean motor.