Yep, that's a bit too small hex key jammed into the bolt head, then sheared off after it wedged in.  This is the rear bolt holding the fuse block. Fortunately, the bolt had just enough shoulder to get a vice grip on it and remove.

And P.O. is Previous Owner, not parole officer, post office, purchase order, . . .

POproblem.jpg

That's what I thought also. But I tried small picks and big magnets to get it out.  No dice.

Ha... little frustrations from prior owners, along with the Guzzi quirks makes for great entertainment.

The irony here, of course, is that you don't even need to undo that. The fuse bloc just pops in and out without tools.

Well, it would pop in and out if the PO hadn't also removed the rubber plug and standoff and replaced them with what looked like the captive square nuts inside of battery posts then nutted the other side.  Maybe he was worried the fuses would vibrate out?

Well, it would pop in and out if the PO hadn't also removed the rubber plug and standoff and replaced them with what looked like the captive square nuts inside of battery posts then nutted the other side.  Maybe he was worried the fuses would vibrate out?

Hahaha... enjoy.

I have an old wiring harness. I can check to see if the original fasteners are still on the fuse block.

Yea, I might need those. I ordered the bolts, bushings and rubber bits from Harper's but the website showed what it shows if something is either NLA or substituted.  Here's hoping Harper's can come through.

I have a stock fuse box with all the hardware in good condition

PM if interested

That would be DPO. Distinguished Previous Owner..  :huh2:  

I've seen their work many times.