Set your V11 CO Fuel Trim!

docc

These are the instructions for the CO trim pot. I have read different things about the pot. Some say you can damage it by rotating too far others not. If you hook up Guzzidiag it will tell you if you are at zero or plus or minus. I adjusted mine by going half way between the far left and right and then later when I hooked up Guzzidiag I was almost perfect.

But you can just get it close and adjust a little bit one way or the other by how the bike runs. 

P8-AF-Screw.jpg

The golden years are catching up with me-----I was absolutely for certain your post said"know",not knob!!! that makes it much easier to fix now! Now for the good stuff ,I mentioned BOURBON cause I"m a bourbon sort of guy however last week at Gliders place ol" 2Wings fed me some IRISH WHISKEY=====best dadburn whisky I ever drank(good for rust removal 2)----Tullamore Dew they call it,better than MAKERS MARK+just a fraction of the price of GOLD!!!!

Yes, know- not knob.  Thought I'd edited it.

Been working on some Glenfiddich my brother gave me for my 65th BDay.   First gift I can recall that he ever gave me.

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/24/2018 at 6:52 PM, al_roethlisberger said:

Каковы текущие симптомы CO, установленного слишком низко?

Проблема, с которой я столкнулся на мотоцикле с тех пор, как появился новый, - это «кашель» со скоростью около 3-4 тыс. Об / мин после прогрева и плавания. Иногда перемещение круизных оборотов на минуту останавливает его, но оно возвращается.

@al_roethlisbergerHi, have you figured out this problem? I recently started the same thing. I think this is the fault of TPS. These are popular RPMs and the throttle is open in this position very often, as a result of which the track of contact in TPS was erased in this place (thoughts). I have already changed the TPS, but it seems to need a new one. Tell us about your results?

4 hours ago, Onibaka said:

@al_roethlisbergerHi, have you figured out this problem? I recently started the same thing. I think this is the fault of TPS. These are popular RPMs and the throttle is open in this position very often, as a result of which the track of contact in TPS was erased in this place (thoughts). I have already changed the TPS, but it seems to need a new one. Tell us about your results?

TPS is easy to check with Ohm meter. See the EDIT in section 2:

Decent Tune-up

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Apologies, no I haven't had an opportunity to check into this issue any further.

I've only recently "re-discovered" the bike upon taking on cleaning out the garage.  So it needs a lot of rehab before I even get to tuning it :)

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Today I tried this for the first time on my Scura.  The fact that my battery chose today to take a dump didn't make it easier.

I did manage to get it done using the Guzzidiag method though.  My trim was +96!!!

Set it to 0 and just revved a few times stationary.  Seems better.  Will know for sure when I install new battery.

Still have to do decent tune-up, bought plugs and wires but need new throttlebody intake boots.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, IE417 said:

Today I tried this for the first time on my Scura.  The fact that my battery chose today to take a dump didn't make it easier.

I did manage to get it done using the Guzzidiag method though.  My trim was +96!!!

Set it to 0 and just revved a few times stationary.  Seems better.  Will know for sure when I install new battery.

Still have to do decent tune-up, bought plugs and wires but need new throttlebody intake boots.

Welldone, man!  :thumbsup:

For best results, mind your battery conditioning . . .

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, docc said:

Welldone, man!  :thumbsup:

For best results, mind your battery conditioning . . .

So I looked at the Odyssey battery that so many recommend.  Today I also got into clutch slave cylinder on my Concours 14, so bike budget is lessened.  I ordered a cheap AGM from Batterysharks  $41 shipped.  Figure if I get a couple years out of it I'll be ok.  I will keep this one on a battery tender,  They have served me well on the other bikes.

Some have kept AGM on BatteryTenders for years and years, even though it is not considered "best practice." Not recommended by Hawker for the Odyssey (they publish a "damage" warning for low amp "trickle"), but YMMV

• Like 1

On 3/9/2018 at 12:01 AM, Meinolf said:

Hi,

it's easy. Instead of changing the CO trim with GuzziDiag connected to the running engine and waiting until the engine temperature has reached 60°C, download the EEPROM content using Beard's software http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/IAW15xEEPROMTool_V0.04.zip.

Then open the EEPROM file with TunerPro and this XDF http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/xdf/15M_EEPROM_V1.01.zip.

Change the CO trim and upload the changed file to the EEPROM. Donate some money to Beard using the PayPal link in GuzziDiag and it's done.

Cheers

Meinolf

I like many others guzzi owners in the world am extremely grateful for the knowledge,work and expertise that has gone into guzzidiag in support of the guzzi global community.

I would like to be able to make a donation in appreciation of that kindness, but I've ripped through the site on the a/m links, and I haven't been able to locate a paypal button.

Would you have a link that could take take me straight to a paypal button on that page.

Tks very much

Kelly