Cush drive lubrication

Ian

I dont really like the idea of removing rubbers because it means that the torque is now transmitted through only half the metal drive blades.

Ciao  

I'm glad you mentioned that. It reminds me of a common failure point on the BMW K-bikes. Their alternators are bolt-in units, like car alternators. But they are not belt-driven like cars. Instead they are driven by a splined gear with rubber inserts, which they affectionately call "Monkey-Nuts". When the splines break, there's no more battery charging.

I am definitely going to open up and service my cush drive at the next tire change.   :thumbsup:

I think drilling s 3/8 hole in each puck gives it more travel so to speak, instead of squishing to fill the available space it has somewhere to go. I guess someone would have to try it out with a large torque wrench to prove it one way or another, see how much travel is available without/with holes.

I do know the first ride on my Griso made me think there was something seriously wrong when compared to the VII, you don't ride that at walking speed without feathering the clutch.