W.R.Grace Deficit Trials

Link below to a public service TV advertisement over thirty years old that was banned from most mainstream channels because it wasn't politically correct.  Yeah, I'm old enough to have seen it when it was new.  Sigh.  It's the W.R.Grace video on the Deficit Trials that was (attempted to be) broadcast in 1986.  Directed by Ridley Scott (kinda obvious when you see it).  Sooooooo, prophetic and ahead of its time, or a stray shot in the dark and not to worry?  I brought this up on another forum eight years ago and was nearly banned for being too political (just threw it in there again to stir the pot for grins, effem).  Whaddaya think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiBCRQL58_k

Link below to a public service TV advertisement over thirty years old that was banned from most mainstream channels because it wasn't politically correct.  Yeah, I'm old enough to have seen it when it was new.  Sigh.  It's the W.R.Grace video on the Deficit Trials that was (attempted to be) broadcast in 1986.  Directed by Ridley Scott (kinda obvious when you see it).  Sooooooo, prophetic and ahead of its time, or a stray shot in the dark and not to worry?  I brought this up on another forum eight years ago and was nearly banned for being too political (just threw it in there again to stir the pot for grins, effem).  Whaddaya think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiBCRQL58_k

I think it is funny, and ironic. Funny because it shows we, in spite of all our progress, haven't really progressed at all. Ironic because he was a Reagan guy, and Reagan was the king of deficit spending. Now we have another "Republican" in office and we are heading down the same road. The same road every Republican president of my adult life has taken us. To be fair, the Democrats suck as well, but they usually are more financially responsible. Yeah, I know, it is supposed to be the other way around. Everyone knows the Republicans are the party of fiscal responsibility. But the numbers say otherwise.

• Like 3