WTB - Gas Tank in Good Condition

r3datom9

Hello Guzzisti!

Just want to check in to see if there are spare gas tanks out there.  

Thinking about changing colors and would prefer to stay stock at the moment.

So if you have a spare tank that doesn't need a respray (I already have a greenie to respray) please let me know condition, color and price.

Thanks all!!

Hmmmm Green tank on a black frame and black engine. Maybe instead of different tank you could find a Green tail section (mounting is slightly different, but workable, I think).

IMG_6116.jpg

Intersting you posted this Tim.

I did this today, put the green tank on the "03" sport, really a leftover 02.  

Looking for any tanks, not picky on chin pad or not.  Anything but champagne really.

Red is preferred;)

So, you would put an early tank on your late model V11 and plumb in the external filter and pump?

Or put a later tank on your early V11 and have two pumps and two filters? :huh2:  Or remove the early external pump/filter, and build new lines for the late model tank?

As Docc says, the wrong tank could create some work.

For ease of installation, you might narrow your search to a tank with the pad - because that will require an external fuel filter and pump (which you have on your "leftover 2002"). If you change to a tank with internal filter and pump there will be a fair bit of electrical and plumbing work. You'll have to buy the special connectors for the fuel lines - and a different electrical connector for the tank. All do-able, but I think a bit of a hassle unless you really want an internal fuel pump.

• Like 1