2002 LeMans- Handel Bar Modification

GILPUTT

yep the black bar is a camera mount..

not Guzzi but here's probably my best video..

here's one of my Lemans trips.

yep the black bar is a camera mount..

not Guzzi but here's probably my best video..

here's one of my Lemans trips.

Nice video!, my brother just sold his Buell Ulysses. Nice bike, only complaint it was "hot" to ride. Seem like every manufacturer has one! I am new to this Guzzi thing, where have I been my 50 years of riding!!?? Lots to learn and thinking of what Guzzi do I want next? Wish they would build a "new" SP, or V7 style bike with some  more CCs. Oh well, have my hands full now!!

Welcome, GILPUTT!

You're in the right place to be sorting a V11 Moto Guzzi! 

As Kostarika suggested, start with a Tune-up for the running issues:

Decent Tune-up

(pinned at the top of Technical Topics)

To reply to a specific post, click on "Quote" in that post and the original post will re-display above your reply.  Enjoy your LeMans!

Riding weather IS coming to Wisconsin. No, really! :grin:

Welcome, GILPUTT!

You're in the right place to be sorting a V11 Moto Guzzi! 

As Kostarika suggested, start with a Tune-up for the running issues:

Decent Tune-up

(pinned at the top of Technical Topics)

To reply to a specific post, click on "Quote" in that post and the original post will re-display above your reply.  Enjoy your LeMans!

Riding weather IS coming to Wisconsin. No, really! :grin:

Thanks for the reply tip, daa, I will learn. Just about to ask about the "bad relays" I hear about, and what to replace them with. Then comes the "shifter prawl spring". Not to open a can of worms, but are these issues something I need to address with my 2002? Well I did it, asked the question!  

yes the spring needs swapped out for peace of mind. 2002 for sure. we have a new better spring... post #486 has the order info. the entire thread is it's story.

http://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20201&hl=%20new%20%20pawl%20%20arm%20%20spring&page=33

get a set of relays from dpguzzi.com       the bad ones were from Siemens so look at what you have, maybe swapped already..

I always carried a spare shifter spring in the little cargo space under the rear cowl of my '02.. never needed it but I heard you can replace it on the side of the road.. bring a print out of procedure (search this site for that) in there too with your minimal metric tool kit.. on trips I always carried a comprehensive tool kit in saddle bag, probably 10# of tools..

IMG_2266-L.jpg

Welcome Gilputt. After researching the choices I figured the MPH were the way to go for me. By the time they made a batch available to me, I changed my mind. I like the stock bars. I'd sell my unused/never installed MPH kit for 325. Lemme know if interested. I can get some pics up tomorrow

How about some photos of your bike? :food:

Sorry I missed your message, but I have a set on the way. Thanks for the offer.