Brake pads - the best in the best

TomekSZ

Hello.

I have a question, or rather a request. I suspect my current brake pads are 8-10 years old. I want to replace them because they dirty the clamps and they show black dirt on the shields, which immediately after the laxation and so scary and fall into resonance. Can you recommend some concrete brembo pads as the best for fast and dynamic driving? I would be obliged.

I felt the EBC HH were hard on my original front rotors. Since then, I have committed myself to the OEM Brembo. The rear is FF (soft), I believe.

I felt the EBC HH were hard on my original front rotors. Since then, I have committed myself to the OEM Brembo. The rear is FF (soft), I believe.

You may be right. Honestly, I don't care. I like them, and if they eat the rotors, I'll put new rotors on it eventually.  :huh2:  For sure, you don't want to run them on cast iron rotors. They *really* eat them.  :rasta:

• Like 1

I am an old fart and as such I like the old cast iron rotors and a more organic pad to go with them. But performance organic pads are hard to find nowadays.

If you want pads that don't dirty up the wheels so bad, I would suggest ceramic pads. Whatever brand floats your boat, but ceramic pads don't make the wheels so dirty. Well, actually what they do is make the dirt they give off less nasty, cleaner dirt. They also tend to have a little less braking power, so keep that in mind. I do like the stock Brembo pads, it is hard to beat Brembo when it comes to brakes. But I have had good results with other brands, like EBC, Ferodo, SBS, etc. To some, brake pads are a major expense and they won't buy a set and throw them away when they decise they don't like them. Personally, if I don't like a set of brake pads I will replace them regardless of how much "life" is left in them. I am far more concerned about my "life" than the brake pads "life".

• Like 1