Summer tour 2018

Pressureangle

Sorry LowRyter, zoomed through OKC pretty fast. Rode through Yellowstone today, landed in Bozeman. On to Kalispell tomorrow.

no worries, I've been in Europe all month.  Heading back from Paris in a couple of days.

Glad you're having a good trip.

Great roads there. Riding through the redwoods is magic... but there's no way to do it justice with video or photos. Something that has to be experienced.

• Like 1

Great roads there. Riding through the redwoods is magic... but there's no way to do it justice with video or photos. Something that has to be experienced.

Yeah, it's kind of a religious experience..

• Like 1

Pressureangle 

Just had to say,,,, what a trip  :thumbsup: ,, and on an 1100sport, big credit for that.

Cheers tom.

• Like 3

Pressureangle 

Just had to say,,,, what a trip  :thumbsup: ,, and on an 1100sport, big credit for that.

Cheers tom.

The Kid says the 1100 Spot is the perfect credit card motorcycle. Travel fast, travel light. Nothing's better..

Says he has a love/hate relationship with it. Loves loves loves it when out on the road, hates it when in the city/parking/slow speed stuff. At any rate, his Grease O sits.. :huh2:

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

8 weeks, 10,000 miles. 

I need another month and another 5k miles. 

Nobody tells you that when you take something out of the bucket list, you might like it. This could be a lifestyle. 

Travel light, travel fast. No other motorcycle I've ever owned would have been better for this trip. Yes, a touring bike would have been nice across Oklahoma and Kansas, and home across the South. But I knew that would suck, and a touring bike would only have sucked less. The rest of the time, what a gas. Wore the front tire completely bald where those 70mph sweepers are (stories to follow)

I have about a terabyte of video I'll be reviewing, editing, and posting up. 

• Like 5

Oh, and I had to truncate the Southwest/Texas/FL Panhandle parts because I ran out of time.

Next one will be out to L.A. and back, at least, spending time in SoCal, Phoenix, Tucson, etc. 

Stay tuned.

• Like 1