Spare parts front Turn signals

chriscolon1967

Anyone have a spare parts box with some turn signals for my V11 before I go and replace them with RIZOMA LED? Apparently someone just came up and unscrewed one of my smoke tinted covers and stole it.ed25ad9a22d69106b0ddd94780b03df3.jpg819649f3e3a6df2dbd4adf8304a600f7.jpg

Sent from my HTC U11 using Tapatalk

Go find out where the scooter people hang out and steal it back!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

LED indicators are good, but you might need to fit an electronic flasher.

Also you may need to rewire the green indicator on the instrument panel to stop all 4 indicators flashing together.

The smoke lens part no GU06753700 is $9.50 at Moto International in Seattle.

http://www.motointernational.com/store/parts/turn-signal-lens-

• Like 1

Also you may need to rewire the green indicator on the instrument panel to stop all 4 indicators flashing together.

Thanks for the heads up

• Like 1

Does that come with the now missing screw as well?

I got the orange lens from the local dealer for $2. Brand new. Even they were shocked at the price.

Those screws tend to go missing, followed in short order by the lens(es).

So, for sure the smoked lens can be had as a Buell part. There is an inner amber lens that accompanies the outer smoked lens. You can match up a screw from the local hardware store.

• Like 1

I think the screw might be in the package when you buy a new part.

• Like 1

I've replaced a few lenses (as has been stated, "[they] go oft a'gley"), but don't remember getting screws with them. Pretty sure that comes with the assembly.

When those complete assemblies were available for Buell, they were under $5US each. Not sure about that availability now.

• Like 1

So, (over)thinking about this further :nerd:, the inboard side of the lens has a "clip" or "hook" extension as part of the plastic lens. My theory  :nerd:  is that this fails first and all the stress and vibration is placed on the self tapping single screw. When that plastic threading gives up: bye-bye lens(es).

When the inboard clip breaks off, a little gap will appear between the lens and signal body. This not only lets moisture in (fogging lenses), but introduces the AWOL lens risk.

Watch for the gap. When it appears, fasten the lens tight on the inboard side with a strip of "packing tape" (Unobtrusive and durable) before the lens flees.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've replaced a few lenses (as has been stated, "[they] go oft a'gley"), but don't remember getting screws with them. Pretty sure that comes with the assembly.

When those complete assemblies were available for Buell, they were under $5US each. Not sure about that availability now.

I think the whole assembly is around $15. Don’t quote me.

I think the whole assembly is around $15. Don’t quote me.

Thanks to all the input from you guys I was able to locate an entire blinker assembly for both sides for $15 per blinker. Also replaced my seat and got a few needed gaskets all from Moto International. I am thankful for being on this forum and all of the knowledge shared by you guys.