2001 V11 Sport standard/shorty red frame, New Zealand

smmudd83_1999

Pretty pictures to come. 
2001 Moto Guzzi V11 Sport (the 1999-2002 “standard naked” / shorty red frame). Originally a new (unregistered) import from Japan into NZ with 0km in 2004. I bought the bike as the 2nd owner in 2014 with 42000 kms on it. I have been using the bike everyday, all weathers & it has proven to be sound. Currently the bike has nearly 64000 kms on the clock. 
Fitted new Pirellis Angle GTs & had its Warrant of Fitness this week without any notes. Bike is licensed until 12/7/18. So it's all ready to roll and still in use.

At about 50000 kms the Valeo starter motor failed (a common weak point – my similar age Cali Stone did the same at similar mileage) & I replaced with the newer better Bosch unit. Soon after the reg/rec failed, which is the only time the bike let me down (did I do something wrong during the starter install?) Anyway, that was ages ago & it’s been ticking like a Swiss clock since. Usual Bosch relays upgraded as the usual preventative measure as well. 

Bike has a handlebar conversion done by the previous owner and it has transformed the bike comfort-wise.

The saddle was recovered due to a nick in the vinyl where the rear seat cowl dug into the seat.

Baglux/Bagster tank cover protects the original (black) tank.

It has a Ventura pack rack & bag.

A handlebar mounted Givi tall screen. (As the bike has a neutral ish riding position, handlebar conversion, torquey motor and shaft drive - it's an excellent tourer! Who knew?!).

There's a clear headlight lens protector, too.

Mistral stainless reverse conicals befitting the classic Guzzi shape.

Crossover exhaust box junked for Mistral straight thru crossover.

Airbox lid opened up.

Yeah, basically all common 1100 big block performance mods. Sounds great but not anti-social!

Bike has CNC from billet handlebar mirrors, originals go with the bike. 

Bike had valve clearances tweaked twice by me. Wheel bearings pre-emptively replaced at 53k kms.
I’ve changed the engine oil & filter 3 times, gearbox & rear diff oil (& molykote) once. Performance air filter is in the air box. Fork oil changed a couple of years back. 
I keep it on BP, Z or Caltex higher octane go juice. No odd rural New Zealand petrol brands have gone into the tank with questionable ethanol content.

This is a 2001 manufactured model, so it's the old locking nut adjusted valve clearances, no self destructing hydro heads here, thankyou! With it being first red frame, it has the shorter wheelbase & steeper rake angle with the 170mm rear tyre. Coupled with the wide handlebar conversion, initial turn in is pleasingly quick, though if you ride it like a 250 it will tie itself in knots (with all oils and a full tank it's probably 245kg wet kerb weight).

That’s it. 
It is a 17 year old Italian semi-exotica ridden in all weather. There's the odd bit of furring, scratch, chip etc. It was dropped by me a couple of years ago but the only tell tale sign is a cracked indicator lens (indicator still works).

Reason for sale: I've just bought my 3rd old big block Guzzi (a California EV80). No rush to sell. If I don’t get a good offer I’ll keep it. I’m still riding it a bit so mileage will rise a bit.

Oddly enough, when selling to New Zealanders you have to say cash on collection/bank deposit only. (The number of times people have offered me a car or boat as a swap is bizarre).

Price is at $7,200 (that's New Zealand $s, about $5,300 USD).

• Like 2