Anyone seen or tried these? Andreani Fork Cartridge Kit

Unkept

Hello all, it's been a long time!

I am flirting with the idea of picking up a V11 again. Chuck's fault really.  :D

Back when I had the LeMans I knew that really there were only two "easy" options to upgrade the fork on the non-Ohlins models.

1. Buy the Ohlins

2. Springs, Oil, and maybe "Drill, baby, drill!"

When I saw the new V7's I noticed a company from Italy called "Andreani" selling Ohlins style/parts internal upgrades for them. You can find these being sold by GuzziTech, AF1, etc... but nobody listed parts for a V11 Sport.

This morning I thought "Do they possibly make them for the V11?" So I did a search, and... they *do*.

https://www.omniaracing.net/en/andreani-misano-adjustable-hydraulic-cartridge-for-moto-guzzi-v11-mans-20012006-p-43777.html

527,83€ , remove VAT and it should be 411,70€ or $510.01 before shipping. That would be much cheaper than an Ohlins setup, and you would keep the stock appearance of your fork... seems like a good idea if they improve the fork?

I just thought I would share, as I couldn't find a Matris, etc. kit available... is this the first (and only?) internals upgrade for a V11 Sport?

Hope you are all doing well!

-Joe

• Like 2

I noticed these as well searching for options on Ebay.

Looks like people are pretty happy with them on other bikes.

Would love to hear from people here though.

I don't want to go the Ohlins route as I already have a carbon fiber front fender and would like to keep it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

along the same lines, someone here found a gold valves fork kit from Race Tech for the V11 LeMans.  It's not listed on their site, but someone here found one.   probably a couple hundred $.

• Like 1

I would suggest if you get another is to take off your forks and shock and ship them off to Racetech for a full overhaul.. That's what I did with my Lemans . It's just as good as the Ohlins in my opinion . I also have a Scura. Plus the bike won't sit as high. My Scura is like 1"-2" taller than my Lemans side by side.

• Like 1

I would suggest if you get another is to take off your forks and shock and ship them off to Racetech for a full overhaul.. That's what I did with my Lemans . It's just as good as the Ohlins in my opinion . I also have a Scura. Plus the bike won't sit as high. My Scura is like 1"-2" taller than my Lemans side by side.

Do you remember what Racetach charges for this?

Certainly another good option, going to send off my silver forks to use on my black frame.  Won't look as good as gold but better than the black forks imo.

• Like 1

Also want to mention to Unkept - You should def work on the rear first, my forks felt fine (adequate) until I put an Ohlins rear on and then it became very noticeable that they weren't up to the task of hanging with the upgraded rear shock.  The rear is the weakest link as discussed on the forum in detail. 

• Like 1

I would agree in part- i’ve put a hyperpro shock on mine, which is fine, but when i took my pal’s speed four for a spin, which is by no means a new machine, the finesse of his suspension compared to mine was most noticable.

• Like 1

Thanks for chiming in everyone.

My 02' LeMans had an Ohlins rear shock so I was spoiled from the start there. :) 

The "maybe" bike in question is a Greenie and I know of the woes of the original rear shock, the possible eyelet cracking, and have already thought about replacing the rear if I get it.

I just found it interesting that there is a kit for the front fork available now! 

For the Racetech, I would also be curious of the total cost... but I doubt they changed the eyelet that connected to the swingarm from stock, correct? Just because that's part of the weak link (heh) I would want to address. 

Plenty of options (for a Guzzi) on the rear shock, just the front that was hard to improve in the past. Seems that is getting better too!

Unkempt,

Your avatar address is Southern Wisconsin, have you returned from Germany , or is this just a visit ?

I have... returned!

It's a long story, family crises that caused us to move to Wisconsin (I've never lived here before, I'm from Southern Michigan/Northern Indiana.)

Now I've got another decent job, my wife looks like she has a decent job lined up, and we have a dog... we just snagged a nice apartment in Madison close to work... so I'm not going anywhere for a little while! 

That's why I've been thinking about getting a Guzzi again. "While I'm here I might as well go back to having some fun." ;)

Thanks for asking,

-Joe

• Like 1

I just thought of something...

The 99-2001 V11 Sport with the silver fork was a different length than the Rosso Mandello / 02' onwards models wasn't it?

I remember the difference in the clip ons. Above mounting on the newer ones. 

I'll bet the Andreani kit wouldn't work for my case then... Unless the overall exterior length doesn't correlate to differences in internals? 

Maybe Racetech or someone else is the way to go for the early models, or a GSXR front end swap, etc.

Still could be quite useful to those of you here with the later black fork! 

I just thought of something...

The 99-2001 V11 Sport with the silver fork was a different length than the Rosso Mandello / 02' onwards models wasn't it?

I remember the difference in the clip ons. Above mounting on the newer ones. 

I'll bet the Andreani kit wouldn't work for my case then... Unless the overall exterior length doesn't correlate to differences in internals? 

Maybe Racetech or someone else is the way to go for the early models, or a GSXR front end swap, etc.

Still could be quite useful to those of you here with the later black fork! 

Another thing to consider is the Green bikes forks were different to the next model I believe in that the axle on the later threaded into the L/H fork lower where the earlier bikes the axle slid through and had a big nut holding the front together. Dont know if it makes a difference or not.

Ciao 

• Like 1

Unkempt,

Your avatar address is Southern Wisconsin, have you returned from Germany , or is this just a visit ?

I have... returned!

-Joe

Slimey Crud Run. May 6th

A bunch of cool bikes

• Like 1