Parting out Greenie

swooshdave

I feel bad about the post I made with the awkward image. I'm taking the image down. Sorry about that, HRC_V4 . . . Best regards to you!

No worries, leave it up, it is fine.  I see the humor in it.  I am doing good, walking pretty good, not riding yet, had a second surgery about 5 months ago, they had to put a larger ti rod/spike in it, had part of the bone not healing, but all good now, just need to build strength.  Strength is what is keeping me from riding, not sure I can hold the bike up if it leans too far to the right at a light or something.  Planning for a ride in the Spring.  Still working on my '71 Ambassador, got it mostly torn down.  Could not fight it any more and picked up a 2000 Quota, not a spine, but still a Guzzi.  Still have a lot of V11 stuff, might hold on to it a little longer.

This makes me so sad...  That is my old bike, seeing the handle bar make my ti filled leg hurt...  Engine has a Roper plate (do Roper plates fit Quotas?), the hard bags were on it, fell over after the head on, relays were new style and just put in, the exhaust only had 1,500 miles, just rebuilt the brake MC and calipers, although at least one caliper was toast...

I hope you are doing good hrc. Are you riding yet? I must have missed your crash if previously posted.

I had something in the picture thread, in the late 80's pages, happened 9/9/17, so sometime after that.

I couldn't leave that image up, guys. It was about the parting out, but not OK when we know the guy that fell. :blush:

HRC_V4, glad to hear you are making progress! :thumbsup:

I "know you know" about the South'n Spine Raid in Tellico Plains coming up (weekend after Labor Day), but if you can get there, "Y'all come, now, ya hear?"

FWIW, I love that generation of Quota, especially the khaki/forest green . . . :food:

• Like 1

I wish the raid was the weekend before or the weekend of Labor Day and I would be there, but can't make it that weekend, maybe next year when I am back on the bike.  I got a red one, well, I will get it next weekend, looking forward to it.

Those prices are crazy, some are more than what I paid new, but I did think about offering $25 for the frame to hang on the wall

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I made the offer on the frame, even offered to paid shipping on top of the $25, but no response... :huh2:

But here is the red replacement...

Red Guzzi.jpg

• Like 1

Hmm, I bought the top triple off of this bike.....I considered the fairing but it looks cracked and they want way too much money for it.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=20512