2018 Hand Built Motorcycle Show

Looks like a good time. But, I'm afraid I hated almost every bike. So many pointless works. This "Austin" you speak of.. it is on Earth?

I know I'm getting old :oldgit: but I wasn't expecting it all to fall apart so quickly.

the enthusiasm there is strong, at least. I can appreciate that. Thanks for posting BB

Looks like a good time. But, I'm afraid I hated almost every bike. So many pointless works. This "Austin" you speak of.. it is on Earth?

I know I'm getting old :oldgit: but I wasn't expecting it all to fall apart so quickly.

the enthusiasm there is strong, at least. I can appreciate that. Thanks for posting BB

:thumbsup:

I'm such a shoe-in for raw metal and Olive Drab Canvas Duck,  I had to buy in on this one. At first the "evolution' decals had me. Starting with the shopping cart (better, yet, with a little kid dangling legs off the back?), but maybe progressing through a silhouette of a classic "mini-bike" -> dirt bike ->  street bike -> sport bike -> ADV tourer and ending on a wheelchair would be more poignant?

IMG_0156.jpg

I really like this show, because the theme isn't "start with $40,000 and an S&S motor".  This year leaned a little more towards the art for art's sake customs. My favorites are where someone starts with an unloved older bike (Yami XS, Honda Ascot, etc) and makes a nice looking functional café out of it.  My favorite was the heavily customized BMW R100 Airhead, being a long time Airhead rider also.  (A Guzzi is an Airhead with the cylinders bent up out of the way.)

IMG_0084.jpg

• Like 1

My favorite was the heavily customized BMW R100 Airhead, being a long time Airhead rider also.  (A Guzzi is an Airhead with the cylinders bent up out of the way.)

A Guzzi is an Airhead with a soul. And cylinders that don't sag.

I really like this show, because the theme isn't "start with $40,000 and an S&S motor".  This year leaned a little more towards the art for art's sake customs. My favorites are where someone starts with an unloved older bike (Yami XS, Honda Ascot, etc) and makes a nice looking functional café out of it.  My favorite was the heavily customized BMW R100 Airhead, being a long time Airhead rider also.  (A Guzzi is an Airhead with the cylinders bent up out of the way.)

I'm with you on all that. There were a few bikes I liked, (airhead included) and quite a few "parts and pieces" I thought were very cool.

Given the art theme of the show, I guess what I perceived as a possible trend is what troubled me. I hope Bosozoku is not on the horizon for US.

img_0353.jpg

• Like 1