Mutton Run 2018

Good morning from the top of Virginia (and Happy Apple Blossom Festival weekend!)   :D 

Sent out much of the the following as an email a few minutes ago to many (who are likely deleting it like crazy   :whistle: ), and thought I'd post here, too.

==========

This is information about and a late invitation to join me on a ride to (or meet me at) Whitesville, Kentucky, for this event on 26-27 May (yes, Memorial Day weekend).

If you have no clue what I am talking about, it's probably best understood by plowing through this slideshow of the 2016 ride and feast: 

As some getting this may remember, I had to cancel last year as I got as sick as I can ever recall being just before — no, you haters, not after eating mutton!   :grin:  — launching.  

That won’t happen this year, though if it does, I’m blaming Europeans.  I’ll have just returned from a week-plus visit with some Old Flatulent Army parachuting buddies to airborne battlefields in France, Holland, and Belgium. [As an American infantryman purportedly said after the Battle of Soissons, 27 May 1918: "We've paid off that old fart, Lafayette.  What Frog son-of-a-bitch do we owe now?”  If he’d only known what his sons might be doing in 20 or so years.  Before any French or Francophiles flame me, I like the French! Really.   :thumbsup: ]

Anyway, I'll provide routing (all back-road for me), lodging, and other info, e.g., about iconic Moonlite BBQ, to any who might be interested.

You may see a similar notice on a Guzzi website or two.

So, let me know if interested.

Ciao … & chow!

Bill
  • Like 1

• 5 months later...

So, I went.

Actually, twice.  In May and September.  :food:

But no one here seems to have cared.   :huh2:

But, I am over the pain of being ignored.   :moon:

Insensitive lout that I am, I’ll simply punish you by posting the pix of both trips, the first on the Norge; the second, on the Griso, with Kathi :wub: driving the Mini as a support vehicle.  

No need to thank me; it’s what I do.  :grin:

Bill 

Apologies for the emoji blitz; I need another cup of coffee.  :whistle:
  • Like 1