How I wasted my Saturday

That's a great way to waste a Saturday. Was it only vintage trials bikes on the trails? Were any of those rocky sections the ones the "beginners" were asked to avoid?

That's a great way to waste a Saturday. Was it only vintage trials bikes on the trails? Were any of those rocky sections the ones the "beginners" were asked to avoid?

Yes, vintage only but some trials allow modern bikes as a support class, no scoring. Honestly a modern bike would be bored with these sections.

I’m not sure which ones they wanted to have the beginners avoid. The one I stalled on was pretty nasty, you had to come down a really steep section in full control and if you came off it wasn’t going to be pretty.

In many ways the trails between sections were more challenging. So much so that you would be worn out before you even got to the scored traps.

I only ride a couple trials a year now so I’m pretty sore, a lot of standing and muscling that Bultaco around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 weeks later...

Sorry, a bit late here, just came across this thread.  Neat old trials bikes.  I have one just like the unit at 1:37.  Mine is nearly showroom with under 100 miles on the clock, which still sits unmolested on the lower left fork leg.  A 1980 model (blue frame, next to last year issue that had the white frame), unfortunately, it's been a garage queen for many moons now.  No dings on the skid plate!  Slight rash on the muffler box where I dropped it screwing around in the driveway.  :blush:  I tried to teach my wife to operate a motorcycle using this scooter, didn't turn out well, long story for another time.

199A.jpg

Nice taco.

No dings on the skid plate? What a weird idea. Although it's cool for that low-mile survivor. The skid plate on my Husky is bent, dented, scraped, and generally abused. I'm proud of how deformed the plate is and I cheer every impact.