Hello from freshly minted Moto Guzzi newbie

SoCal Kevin

Hello all - by way of introduction I am the lucky "other" in the buyer / seller relationship whereby Scud recently sold his greenie to me.  Thanks to Scud for all his good work prepping the bike for me!  Much appreciated.

My son and I ride and own a couple of Aprilias - which are fantastic, fun bikes.  Researching them, buying and riding them made me a fan of Italian motorcycles with a flair for style, performance and the fact you don't see yourself coming and going.  

Believe it or not, on the AF1 Aprilia forums there is a section for "Other Italian Motorcycles" and Moto Guzzi has a dedicated space.  Doing a little reading piqued my interest and I knew I was in trouble when I ran across Scud's pics on Craigslist.  Jeez - I only was curious about Moto Guzzis and an innocent little search got me into all sorts of trouble...  It was that color and the style.  Could not resist it and had to see it in person.

I was impressed with the things Scud had done to the bike and could tell he was an enthusiast who cared about doing things the right way.  Not long after showing up to look at the bike I knew I had to take it home.  It has been very fun to ride and I've even gotten my hands a little dirty doing an oil change (pan off) and fixing a blinker wire.  Also checked under the hood to swap a new air filter, so all should be good to go for awhile.

Love the difference between the V-11 and the Aprilias.  Each is very entertaining in its own unique way, so they all compliment each other and offer unique riding experiences.  

I am also glad to have found this site and the knowledgeable community of owners.  I am sure I'll be tapping into the knowledge banks from time to time.

Thanks,

Kevin

• Like 4

If you bought Tim's bike, you got a good one. It's been well sorted.

Enjoy.