V11 running again

Moto Murphy

Last Fall after foot surgery I could no longer ride. My Lemans needed some TLC. So in November I started looking for the oil leak. I got all new gaskets from the cases to the valve covers and all hardware in between. Here is a hint... don't ever break a piston ring. Three reasons: 1, they take about 7 weeks to get, 2: they are $70.00 bucks a set, 3: the broken piece can fall into your oil pan. Guess how I know! While I was at it, I sent the exhaust pipes off to Jet- Hot in North Carolina and had them ceramic coated the same color as my gas tank. Once I got it running I still had some fine tuning to do to get it running smoothly. It was backfiring badly. I realized the issue and fixed it . Now Big Red run great and sounds fantastic!!

• Like 2

Moto Guzzi no longer makes rings for this model. I got them through Moto International in Seattle Wa. I've bought all the replacement parts from them. They have provided great service and I would recommend them to anyone.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

And you could have fixed it with the 0-rings under the rocker arm pedestals . That is where mine were leaking . It looked like a head gasket leaking oil ?