Rear Stand

vtwins4life

So..what are you guys using for a rear stand ? Since the V11 Sport has no centerstand I'd like to get something I can use for maintenance. 

What's good, what's not...etc - any info is appreciated. 

VT4L

I have the workshop stand which works for simple maintenance

http://www.mgcycle.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=73&products_id=1567

but I find I'm using my Kendon Stand-up lifting table much more.  I bought it used.

Right now I want to change the footpegs & shifters back to stock from the Motobits shifter it has on it and I have to pull the pork-chops to get at the footped nut.

You can't do this with a Stucchi or any other lift that uses the pork-chops as the lifting point.

A guy here was selling one of these and I missed out. Kinda like a temporary center stand. I tried to order one from Germany, but they won't sell to USA (F'n tort lawyers !).

http://shop.becker-technik.de/en/motorbike-lifters/24-central-lifter.html

So, would anyone in Europe be willing to buy one of these and mail it to the Arizona desert?  I would be willing to pay exorbitantly for your trouble, maybe like even $20 + actual costs.

I have found the factory shop stand (or equivalent) indispensable. Especially on a lift using a Baxter SportChock up front:

DSCN2569.jpg

And when things get seriously serious, platform jack:

IMG_2546.JPG.jpeg

If you insist on using the silly little spindle to support the sump with the front wheel off, you've been warned. The V11 can (and does!) fall off of it!

Alternate Method A:

IMG_3536.jpg

Alternate Method B:

IMG_518901.jpg

Highest and best use of the factory stand spindle? Home Decor!

DSCN4099.jpg

I have the shop stand, which is good as documented above.

Before that, I used a standard swingarm stand from Cycle Gear. It needed to be widened just a bit to fit.

A platform jack works well to support the engine, in conjunction with a swingarm, or factory shop, stand. It can lift the front enough to remove the front wheel - or you can drop the whole engine onto the platform jack and slide it out.

The front wheel chock, like Docc's is also good. If you have a sturdy beam overhead, you can chock the front wheel and raise the back end of the bike with straps on the upper subframe.

• Like 1