Ignition gremlins - No fire !

vents

That would be too funny but kill switch won't let it crank either

Come to think of it isn't that the new symptom?

• Like 1

I hate to say it but...kill switch?

That would be too funny but kill switch won't let it crank either

Come to think of it isn't that the new symptom?

In Post#3, vents says, "Yes, the starter is spinning the motor and the fuses have been checked ."

Either one, or both, of the aft relays have failed or the connections have come loose from beneath Fuses 1 or 2.

Otherwise, it will be time to inspect for winter storage rodent damage to the wiring harness.

• Like 1

Here is Carls wiring diagram

http://www.thisoldtractor.com/guzzi007/schematics/2004_V11_Sport_Catalytic.gif

Just one other thing to check, if you had the battery out over the winter make sure you have it back in correctly because if you put the battery in backwards the bike may crank over and seem normal but the ECU won't power up, no pump, no ignition, it has a safety diode (48) to prevent damage, I have seen that several times particularly with those universal 4 terminal batteries.

Starters with permanent magnet fields like a Valeo will run backwards and probably won't spin the motor but others like Bosch or Lucas with wire wound fields don't care, they will run the same way.

If you pull out relays 4 & 5 and poke your red meter probe in each of the 30 slots you should get +12 Volts to chassis (Fuse 1 and Fuse 2 ok)

To prove the pump is ok poke a wire into relay 5 base from 30 to 87, this will power up the pump independent of the ECU.

If you have a meter with a 10 amp range poke the probes in 30 & 87 it will tell you what the pump draws, I think its in the range of 6 to 8 Amps.

• Like 1