Okay, I Done Did It ...

Nihontochicken

Try giving Pete a shout directly, he's on the forum here. He's a generous man with his knowledge & I believe he's heading to the states very soon & if you're lucky he could put one in his luggage for you.

Thanks, I just shot him a PM, looks like Scud had the last stash and sold out months ago.  I'd like to be able to ride the scooter up the grades and wonder if the V11 was the source of the reference for Italian motorbikes as "Runzoni Downhill".  :lol:

Thanks, Chuck, I tried accessing Haven's web site, mphcycles.com, but all I get is a blank page, dunno whether the problem is on his end my browser (Firefox).

There are some guys on WildGuzzi that know Mike.. I'll ask if they have contact info.

Thanks for the updates.  Haven't heard back from Pete Roper, but Mike Haven came through with a full kit. 

El Lay (per Matt Groening) is indeed Los Angeles, where I was born and raised, escaped after high school.  Now hiding about half way between there and the other great Kaliforniastan coastal scab, San Francisco, but contemplating The Great Escape II, likely when Prop 13 goes down (hopefully somewhat before). 

Thanks for the updates.  Haven't heard back from Pete Roper, but Mike Haven came through with a full kit. 

El Lay (per Matt Groening) is indeed Los Angeles, where I was born and raised, escaped after high school.  Now hiding about half way between there and the other great Kaliforniastan coastal scab, San Francisco, but contemplating The Great Escape II, likely when Prop 13 goes down (hopefully somewhat before). 

Yep, repealing Prop 13 is on the agenda.

When I suggest that possibility, people are horrified. But there have been so many horrifying ideas coming out of Sacramento in the last few years, it only makes sense that Prop 13 is next.

I'm planning on getting out while the gettings still good.