Aftermarket Mufflers - Mistrals

swooshdave

I really do need louder mufflers. Do you have some kicking around you don't need? They don't need to be perfect condition. Need to be loud enough so the wife can hear me but not so loud that she complains about it.

You can have your stock mufflers re-packed and they can be made much louder.  The previous owner had that done to my 02 Scura and I really like the sound.  Deeper, Louder and very throaty.  Here is a video clip.  Not the best example of what it sounds like but if you're interested I can try to make a nicer video.

Got a GPR titanium a year or so ago. Single-side with a Y-pipe.

No restricters installed. Added a Power Commander III to de-lean.

Quiet at idle, loud at high throttle. Deep happy sound all around.

Good low-end. Makes a huge difference in power and feel 5k to 7.5k!!!

Bike much happier!

No more surging at 3k, no more 4K pinging, but sometimes pings at 5k, will adjust the PC again. Wanted to avoid over-rich.

I refitted my crash damaged mivvs t’other week, just for a quick ride likes, just to remember how they sound...

Ho. Ly. Crap. So so loud. So deep and raspy and gorgeous... So unsociable... So small ear-bones-damaging...

Hard and angry on the acceleration- deep, hollow poppling reverb on the overrun. Beautiful. But bad. Naughty bad.

Gave me a sore face from grinnin like a loon

• Like 3

Got a GPR titanium a year or so ago. Single-side with a Y-pipe.

No restricters installed. Added a Power Commander III to de-lean.

Quiet at idle, loud at high throttle. Deep happy sound all around.

Good low-end. Makes a huge difference in power and feel 5k to 7.5k!!!

Bike much happier!

No more surging at 3k, no more 4K pinging, but sometimes pings at 5k, will adjust the PC again. Wanted to avoid over-rich.

I don't want a 2 to 1.

• Like 2

You can have your stock mufflers re-packed and they can be made much louder. The previous owner had that done to my 02 Scura and I really like the sound. Deeper, Louder and very throaty. Here is a video clip. Not the best example of what it sounds like but if you're interested I can try to make a nicer video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s7j7vkPdNz0

Somewhere there is a thread on what the stock mufflers look like on the inside. More convoluted than one would think but then again these are Italian.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a very similar, in size and construct, to a Guzzi titanium muffler I was able weigh. A Leo Vince titanium with mid pipe is just under 5lb. I think the Guzzi Ti's are a bit lighter, but I don't have one loose. The Mistrals appear a bit smaller in diameter, so a guess would be no more than 5lb apiece? (4 at the least) 

For kicks I weighed an oem at 10lb, and an oem with CF decorative wrap at 9lb. Both with mount bracket and clamp.

gratuitous edit: the Guzzi Ti can with mid pipe is 4lb

my 50# scale is consistant, but possibly not terribly accurate, especially at low weights

I think my Scura dropped about 15 pounds going from stock exhaust to the Guzzi Titanium exhaust plus FBF crossover. 

And the sound... simply glorious. Now I need to bell the intakes to get even more cool sounds out of it.

Yes, Dave, you need louder pipes. Not to save lives, just for enjoyment.

I've got a pair of Staintune I'm not using. They are in good shape - on small scuff area on the chrome but they still look and sound killer.

They come with baffles (inserts) to change the sound a little - but i never put those in. I'm currently in the SF Bay area (so are the mufflers) if you're interested.

• Like 2