Aftermarket Mufflers - Mistrals

swooshdave

I've got a pair of Staintune I'm not using. They are in good shape - on small scuff area on the chrome but they still look and sound killer.

They come with baffles (inserts) to change the sound a little - but i never put those in. I'm currently in the SF Bay area (so are the mufflers) if you're interested.

I'm interested if they are the same version as mine. There are apparently two versions. How about a picture?

I've got a pair of Staintune I'm not using. They are in good shape - on small scuff area on the chrome but they still look and sound killer.

They come with baffles (inserts) to change the sound a little - but i never put those in. I'm currently in the SF Bay area (so are the mufflers) if you're interested.

I'm interested if they are the same version as mine. There are apparently two versions. How about a picture?

41764287092_b1c02771ff_z.jpg

I think my Scura dropped about 15 pounds going from stock exhaust to the Guzzi Titanium exhaust plus FBF crossover. 

And the sound... simply glorious. Now I need to bell the intakes to get even more cool sounds out of it.

Yes, Dave, you need louder pipes. Not to save lives, just for enjoyment.

Too loud is annoying but loud enough is crucial. Currently the bike is too quiet and not safe. I've had more than one driver (ok, far too many) look up from their phones when I'm on one of my other bikes. I just need something to get their attention.

Oh, and I might not mind a little burble too.  :P:

Yep, that's them all right. As the Indy used car salesman used to say on 50s TV.. bring your wife, let's dicker. :o

I'll send you a PM..

Send LaurentG a message and do it quick!

I’m passing on the Staintunes although they are gorgeous. Not the first mistake I’ve made in my life. I mean... today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Agostinis, nice quality, good fit, not too loud nice brushed SS finish. About the same sound and volume as Conti's on a Bevel Ducati but without the sharpness, more mellow due to the Guzzi's softer cam profile.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&image=1981

Had a set of reverse cone Mistrals and they were a bit loud and had an annoying whistle on the overrun, but looked a little better.

Ciao 

• Like 1

Agostinis, nice quality, good fit, not too loud nice brushed SS finish. About the same sound and volume as Conti's on a Bevel Ducati but without the sharpness, more mellow due to the Guzzi's softer cam profile.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?app=gallery&image=1981

Had a set of reverse cone Mistrals and they were a bit loud and had an annoying whistle on the overrun, but looked a little better.

Ciao 

Fired up the Bevel Ducati for the first time in years with what I believe are some stainless replica Contis (http://www.keihan.co.uk). And yes, it sounds awesome. It's got some bark so I actually prefer a deeper growl.

I'm looking forward to trying the Mistrals.

Nice, man! And nary a hammer in sight . . . (the proctology gloves are a little disturbing, but I don't know much about Ducatis . . . :o )

• Like 2

Nice, man! And nary a hammer in sight . . . (the proctology gloves are a little disturbing, but I don't know much about Ducatis . . . :o )

That's what you feel like you get when you are standing at the parts counter..

• Like 4

No hammers are required for Ducatis. Gloves are to protect the bike, not me...

That's what you feel like you get when you are standing at the parts counter..

Sadly there are no places you can buy parts over the counter for these old bikes.

I had two bevels back in the day, an 860GT, and a Darmah. Looking at parts prices, I wouldn't want to restore either.  :oldgit: Gimme a Guzzi..

I had two bevels back in the day, an 860GT, and a Darmah. Looking at parts prices, I wouldn't want to restore either.  :oldgit: Gimme a Guzzi..

Totally agree. Although I've had a Darmah lust for a while.

The poor 860GT is a stripped down 900SS so any parts they share have 900SS prices. The 860GTs seem to be on the rise price-wise so that's good (sadly just because they are worth more as 900SS parts).

Yes!

I'm waiting patiently for the Mistrals. They are apparently tucked away in a Norwegian cabin no doubt surrounded by protective reindeer.