totally DEAD now

LowRyter

I'm taking it to the shop.

I've never locked or put the bike in park.  I did it to my EV once when I acquired, it was real chancey.  Unlike my Suzuki, the Guzzi action is really stiff.  Anyway, I tried but didn't force it on the Greenie.

I did find the 4w lamp in the headlight reflector and I found similar a 4v bulb at the auto parts store.  The little brass spring is POS.  The connectors looked good but the old bulb was so brown that couldn't see the filament.  (I assume this is a front parking lamp?) 

Also sprayed the tail light socket, the bulb had both filaments despite my cheater fuse shinheghan. 

All looks good but it pops fuses.

So I am reluctant to get into the ignition switch and whatever else.  The bike runs fine but I have one bad circuit. 

And BTW- cheating this 5 amp fuse will kill the 10amp fuse on the fuel pump circuit which will kill all power on my bike- DEAD,  It must stop the #1 power relay?

John, the ignition switch is about as complicated as a hammer. (V11 content)  Unhook the negative lead from the battery, and take the switch apart. Two screws from memory..

Fuse#2 (10 amp/ pump, ignition, and injection) powers Relay#5 (most aft).

By "cheating the 5 am fuse", you are putting a 30 amp fuse in Fuse position #6? And that will blow Fuse #2?

Also, do you use your Run Switch or just leave it on and only use the Ignition Switch?

Chuck, I surrendered to humidity and lack of knowledge on the ignition switch.

The bike was rideable and rode it to someone better than me.  My fear was breaking the switch and that I would never get it started.

Docc, the fuse is a 10 amp.  IIRC it's the one to the left of the 5 amp, I believe it's the fuel pump.  My second cheat was replacing the 5 amp with a 10 amp.  It blew the 10 amp (just like the 30 did previously) and totally killed ALL power (again).   DEAD, nada,nothing- Might as well not have a battery.  I replaced the 10 amp and it runs like a train.  I have no idea why a simple 10 amp fuse would kill it, but it did.  Someone might take their fuse out and see. Seems bizarre to me.  But Don thinks that this is on the path to the main relay.  I dunno. Maybe my bike is squirreled up?

I hope that my stupidity gives entertainment here.  But, I am very appreciative of all the advice along the way and obviously unafraid of ridicule. I just pray there are no Mr Nevada t-shirts.

I'd say if my riding skills are 30% and my mechanical ability is a 5, OK, at least a 3%.

I've ridden with you, man. And watched you work through issues on your Sport for a good, long time. Don't shortchange yourself!  You're a good rider and have the sense to know when to ask for help.

Let's see what Don comes up with.

The Fuse to the left of #6 is #5 (standing on the left side of the bike). That is not to the fuel pump.

Fuses are numbered from front to back.  Fuse#4 is a 10 amp to the Ignition Switch. Is it that one that gits kil't?

Fussy Italian girls! :grin:

But, good news, buddy, you're back on the road! :race:

And she actually performed well for your Ozark Spine Raid? A couple thousand miles, that, yeah?

Fussy Italian girls! :grin:

But, good news, buddy, you're back on the road! :race:

And she actually performed well for your Ozark Spine Raid? A couple thousand miles, that, yeah?

Since I haven't ridden it in the evening for some time, I would bet it was out at the Ozarks.  :2c:

I should ask someone following me if the tail light was on.  :glare:

Finicky Greenie there John!  So is it completely sorted now or is this enough of a motivation to trade it on a Scura!?  :)

Finicky Greenie there John!  So is it completely sorted now or is this enough of a motivation to trade it on a Scura!?  :)

Dark, dark talk . . . :ninja:

• Like 1

well, a Scura has all the mechanicals and electricals of my Sport, expect for the exploding clutch and finicky suspension that needs expensive maintenance every few thou$and miles.   And of course, the Scura also needs to be painted since it only came in primer from the factory but there's nothing can be done about the ugly nose.  .. .. :bbblll:

The Greenie is still the prettiest, best sounding bike on the road, handles great too.  Unfortunately, it is, however, horsepower challenged.   :huh2:

• Like 1