totally DEAD now

LowRyter

ditch the headlight from china and see if it still blows fuses?

The headlight is on Fuse#5, not Fuse#6 with the Tail Light.

but fuse #5 has the oil pressure light?

Fuse F2 powers the injectors, coils, and fuel pump. There is a wire that is known to break in the ignition switch that causes the tail lights (from memory) to quit. It's bedtime.. I'll look tomorrow if everyone hasn't figured it out.

Yes, Fuse#5 carries the warning lights, headlights, horn,  etc,  through Relay#2 (and Relay#1 on the early V11)

Fuses #1 and #2 are a completely separate wiring harness. (Through Relays #4 an d #5).

Common denominator here seems to be the Ignition Switch.

It appears I might have a real problem with oil pressure and just stumbled on to the problem of fuse #5.  Odd though that it's happened together.  (I know that I've used the horn in the last couple of rides and recently replaced the high pitched one.)

It appears I might have a real problem with oil pressure and just stumbled on to the problem of fuse #5.  Odd though that it's happened together.  (I know that I've used the horn in the last couple of rides and recently replaced the high pitched one.)

:o  :blink: What makes you think that? 

:o  :blink: What makes you think that? 

Since the oil pressure light came on I have to be concerned that I don't have oil pressure. Since the blown fuse is on a different circuit then it might be unrelated.  That's the worst case.  I need to know if I have oil pressure.  Or it could just be the sender.

The alternative is that I have an electrical short, connection or ground issue that is affecting the oil light and the other circuit.

First, I need to make sure that I don't damage the engine if in fact I have low oil pressure.

So if I screw out the sending unit and hit the starter, oil should squirt out?  If not, shut it off, it has no pressure?

Is that the way to troubleshoot?

Um...you could do that but it is really not a good way to confirm oil pressure. if you remove the sending unit use a proper pressure gage to tell you whats going on. You can probably blow hard enough to make oil come out of that small hole....my point being that

yes you can start the motor and oil will probably gush out....but ultimately you need to know some kind of pressure. Maybe a parts store has a gage you could borrow.

andy

Take a valve cover off and start her up. You'll find out in short order whether you have oil pressure or not. Have a few rags handy..