Non starter!

voycie

One of the things I learned in my tank volume test (besides how absurd the photo came out! :o) is that, not only do these tanks trap fuel on the right side where the regulator returns fuel, but the front of the tank also traps fuel in the attitude shown on the sawhorse, but on downhill sections as well.

Simplest issue for OP voycie might be that the tank just needs more fuel to reliably run the bike more than a few seconds.

Docc, you were correct Sir! More fuel and the old gal fired straight into life and settled down nicely. Good advice I would never have guessed the tank would hold that much fuel without an issue. Ive now done... rear brembo brake disc+pads, redline oils changed, airbox clean, filter clean and reoil, valves, champion red plug caps,brake fluids, caliper clean up, led headlight bulb conversion and probably a few other bits. Last job will be a tune up but habent picked up the bits/got my head rpund it yet. Cheers as always for the advice...

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

One of the things I learned in my tank volume test (besides how absurd the photo came out! :o) is that, not only do these tanks trap fuel on the right side where the regulator returns fuel, but the front of the tank also traps fuel in the attitude shown on the sawhorse, but on downhill sections as well.

Thanks Docc, you might have given me a partial solution to my V11's  "cough" at low revs.  My previous fix didn't work.  I've done the basic tune.  My latest theory is vapor-lock in the lines at low flow.  I purchased some DEI Fire Wrap for the fuel line from Summit racing to add another layer of insulation - just in case.  https://www.summitracing.com/parts/DEI-010477/

I couldn't figure out which line was the supply and which was the return so I wrapped both.  One thing I noticed was the crossover was very tight underneath the airbox.  I wonder if the line became pinched there after I removed & cleaned the 1/2 cup of oil out of the airbox.  

So this weekend I've got new chores for the V11.  Pull the tank and airbox check & reroute the fuel line, if there's room put some fire wrap between tranny and fuel line at the crossover.

I know other's don't have this "cough" because the bike is actually unrideable when hot and 100+ temps with nasty traffic is common in California.

I apologize to all for thread-jacking.

Mark 

Thanks Docc, you might have given me a partial solution to my V11's  "cough" at low revs.  My previous fix didn't work.  I've done the basic tune.  My latest theory is vapor-lock in the lines at low flow.  I purchased some DEI Fire Wrap for the fuel line from Summit racing to add another layer of insulation - just in case.  https://www.summitracing.com/parts/DEI-010477/

I couldn't figure out which line was the supply and which was the return so I wrapped both.  One thing I noticed was the crossover was very tight underneath the airbox.  I wonder if the line became pinched there after I removed & cleaned the 1/2 cup of oil out of the airbox.  

So this weekend I've got new chores for the V11.  Pull the tank and airbox check & reroute the fuel line, if there's room put some fire wrap between tranny and fuel line at the crossover.

I know other's don't have this "cough" because the bike is actually unrideable when hot and 100+ temps with nasty traffic is common in California.

I apologize to all for thread-jacking.

Mark 

Mark, if it is your in tank lines vapor locking, that's the first time I've heard of that one. Vapor lock of the exposed line from the fuel shut off to the pump on the earlier sports is why they went to the in tank pump, etc.

I have a hard time imagining a high pressure line vapor locking..

Yeah, I'm just guessing like I've been doing for the last two years.  I don't know how high the pressure is but with the little kinks and bends I noticed in the crossover hose it's worth a shot for me try to take them out.

Still I've listened to Docc and purchased another temperature sensor ($40 delivered).  I'll do the mod.  I'm basically doing the final push before I take the Lemans to the Dyno for remapping.  which I'll still do anyway

oh, man . . . that temp sensor mod has been declared "over the top" and "totally nutcase" . . . :rasta:

. . . following docc down the rabbit hole . . . . :o

( worked for me. )

I used a very similar DEI fuel line wrap on my bikes main fuel lines from the shut off to the filter, and from the filter to the fuel pump and injectors. Living in Florida temps reach mid 90's on a daily basis and getting stuck in traffic jams is just asking for heat related problems. Since wrapping my fuel lines I have never had a problem.

• Like 1

You are talking about the brass temp sensor holder? 

That was the final piece of the puzzle to make my Centauro run perfectly..

Yeah, I tried that, too.   Did not work for me. (And a few others) . . .

Like I said: rabbit'ole! :huh:

So, no, not the high mass brass holder, but the total opposite end of the spectrum to allow the temp sensor to recover from heat sink more quickly.