Side stand wear

Chuck

Yes, I've searched to no avail. Has anyone successfully repaired one like this? Aluminum is maybe not the best material for a wear item.. :rolleyes:

42100881664_1c75293e0f_c.jpg2018-06-15_01-03-19 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr

As you can see, this sucker is almost gone. I'm thinking of making a stainless shoe that wraps around the end with a flange all around, filling the whole area with epoxy, and smooshing it together.  :rasta:

I'm open to other ideas..

That doesn't look like the typical outboard wear of the shoe from cornering deeply.  More like it struck the pavement while deployed?

That doesn't look like the typical outboard wear of the shoe from cornering deeply.  More like it struck the pavement while deployed?

No, definitely not from cornering. It hasn't hit the pavement since I've had it. I just *assumed* "They all do that, sir.."

Is the side stand switch functional?

It wasn't when I got it from Pete, but I made it functional.. being an airplane guy, I don't like to disable things that might kill me.  :oldgit:

I guess what I need to know is whether this is "normal" wear or not. If it's not, I'll just weld it up. That would be much easier.

Looks like it was grounded deployed. Not normal wear, which is only exhibited on the outboard edge of the foot.

Somewhat visible in this image :

gallery_328_223_490804.jpeg

• Like 1

Just pulling your leg Chuck. Looks like there is enough room on either side of the re-enforcement web to drill a hole and either use screws into a Delrin pad or small cap screw and nuts

Good luck with the fix. How about a Delrin boot?

And just how would I attach it?  :huh2:

Yeah, well, this is embarrassing . . . I would use JBWeld.

Another *crow dig*, I know . . . or a proper "Bodge Point." :huh:

(You did say "epoxy" in your first post. You did! You did! :grin: )