Screw Loose

swooshdave

Well, yeah, buddy! That is the main front (sub)frame connection to the "stressed member" engine . . .

Good find!!

Did you notice a little extra vibration, not to mention that frame flex while you were riding down the road?

Dave, when I did my clutch swap, I noticed mine gone in the same spot. No idea how long I went without but there was no problems I could tell. The hole was perfectly lined up. scary tho. PM your add and I'll send you one. (if you can wait that long:)

Did you notice a little extra vibration, not to mention that frame flex while you were riding down the road?

No frame flex that I could tell. There is a tiny bit of vibration but let’s be real, it’s a Guzzi.

Dave, when I did my clutch swap, I noticed mine gone in the same spot. No idea how long I went without but there was no problems I could tell. The hole was perfectly lined up. scary tho. PM your add and I'll send you one. (if you can wait that long:)

That is very generous. Before you do that can you tell me the dimensions of the bolt? I can’t exactly take out the other one to measure it. If I can’t readily find one locally I’ll take you up on your offer.

35mm M12? Not too sure about the M but it measures about 11.6mm with calipers. I guess that’s a 12. Full thread Allen. Shnoor washer

Course thread? 1.75 pitch?

Step one is to see if I can steal one off the 850-T...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MotoInternational lists it (doesn't mean they have it), but no details on fastener size/ pitch:

GU98612635

Two US dollars, fifty US cents

[i have long used a method of LocTite-ing any fastener found missing from my single or my twin. . .]

The Tonti frame of the 850T is nothing the same . . .

How much money you want to put on that?

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180616/114add7ca3cb7d76ded1f3a8c50f9746.heic

So I first pulled of the frame bolt from the 850-T but since it has the engine guards it was too long, but it was the right size.

Next step was to dig through the spare parts that came with the 850-T and bingo, the original bolts! And guess what?

Yup. Perfect size!

No washer but some loctite and it will be good for now.

So go check these on your bike if you haven’t for a while...

Coarse yes, sorry I don’t have a gauge

Actually I believe it’s fine. 1.25 instead of 1.75. I do have a gauge.