Mounting an Öhlins Shock and a MPC Fender/Mud Guard

biesel

So nicely done!   :mg:

And the music!  Die Berliner Philharmoniker performing Vivaldi?  :huh2:   (Perfect for the classy bike and such clean work!)

I did spy the one hammer in the window sill . . . :grin::luigi:

Thank you guys for this feedback!

When you publish something on YouTube you can pick a music title from their library which is free to use.

I would have preferred AC/DC which is maybe audible here:

:whistle:

• Like 1

Saints preserve me from the loathsome cacophony of the likes of AC/DC. Blech.  Thankfully, your whistling masked most of that.    :oldgit:  The original was if the angels were singing.  :D

Great vid, tho.  :notworthy:

Saw it here and wondered if on GrisoGhetto.com, too.  Yup.  Well done.

Best,

Bilhelm

P,S.  Docc, you've been spending too much time in the "What Have You Been Listening To" area.   :bbblll:  It's Beethoven's "Egmont."  See. e.g., https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ChcrZX2rZ1M  

Yes, yes: Beethoven. :thumbsup:

I thought I was clever to guess Vivaldi knowing that it was not Wagner (which is what is usually spinning in my head when it is not AC/DC . . . :blink:

The fender installation, biesel, is so very nicely done!  :sun:

Ach du lieber himmel!  Your Griso is so clean!

Mine, on the other hand looks like a proper raufbold.  It's all grimy after 50,000+ miles.

Thanks for the post it's getting close to time for me to replace the rear shock.

• Like 1

I have mounted an Öhlins TTX 36 shock and a Millepercento Fender/Mud guard on my Griso.

Expensive but really excellent products which I can really recommend.

I have just uploaded a slideshow to my YouTube channel showing the whole procedure:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hi8Lw80TpOo

I know I keep on about this but.......

Remember carbon fibre is not fibreglass or plastic. It conducts eletricity and so will cause galvanic corrosion if water gets between it and metal, in particular aluminium alloy. Not a problem provided you make sure there is no bare alloy to carbon fibre contact. When I picked up my Rosso Corsa and gave it a good clean I found the lugs on the Ohlins forks were very pitted with corrosion. Cleaned up OK and now insulated with plenty of paint on the lugs and plastic washers.

You just paid a lot of money for those lovely parts, make sure they will last.

• Like 2

" Ach du lieber himmel ! " :o      (Just could not resist reposting that, !)

I totally have never considered that carbon fiber is conductive! About 100 Ohms from one end of my exhaust canister to the other.

Wow, 68C, thank you! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

@68C: Thanks for this hint. I wasn´t aware of this but you are right (had to google for this)!

The spacers between fender and swingarm should help to avoid this. 

• Like 1

" Ach du lieber himmel ! " :o      (Just could not resist reposting that, !)

I totally have never considered that carbon fiber is conductive! About 100 Ohms from one end of my exhaust canister to the other.

Wow, biesel, thank you! :thumbsup:

Beechcraft found out about this with the Starship and bought them all back, as far as I know. They didn't do well with lightning strikes.. :o

• Like 1

I edited my post to credit  :notworthy: 68C for this knowledge about carbon fiber conductivity. I so totally did not know this.  :blush:

• Like 1