Still BAD cough at idle

thumper

Question on the TPS. When hooked up to a meter if the reading is moving up as the throttle is opened, liner and not jumping around,

does that mean the TPS is good? Or can it be bad and show no signs. This is about all I have left to change without getting into some serious cash i.e. throttle bodies, cpu, and who knows what else. For those who have solved the cough was it one thing that worked or a mixture of things? Warm compression on the cylinders 150 and 151 psi. Did the tune up, I am at a loss.HELLLLLLLP

Maybe. I've read that an analog meter is better for that. I had a bad TPS one time, and couldn't see it on the Techno research software.

Refresh my memory. What is the setting on your idle mixture screws?

My hiccup(s) were certainly a mixture of causes, but the TPS was a big contributor. I could not detect it watching the change in millivoltage, but could see the *jump* in Ohms (milliOhms?) with the TPS unhooked and looking simply at the change in resistance.

In my case, the CO Fuel Trim at - (minus) 27 was a factor, as was the corroded right coil connection.

IMG_5909.jpg

At this point, I feel confident that all the effort to service and treat the connections, switches and relays throughout has been helpful, while nonspecific. Electrically, other than using High Current Relays, the Ignition Switch is worth cleaning, inspecting and servicing (Vaseline® or, better: Caig DeOxit$).

The simple stuff would be open the air screws to a full turn, increase the idle to a true 1250 +/-, and use high quality fuel (either a zero ethanol premium or Shell Premium V-Power Ntro+).

Make sure there are no exhaust leaks, they can cause coughing as well...loosen and re-tighten all connections.

" . . . on the Chesapeake . . ."

Now I'm havin' trouble feelin' sorry for ya, buddy. Ya had me goin' there, for a while . . . ;)

The TPS from Cycle Works,,,, doesnt say Magneti Marelli,,,,, ( probably from east)   how cheap is possible to make a potmeter like this. Wish I was capable of making a like forever edition   :homer:

VGS motorsport in Germany sells MM for about 95ish eur.  Soon time for 7000music.

Cheers tom.