Searching for a V11

Dave Swanson

Dang: nine with the rear shock.  :mellow:

...10 with the steering damper... The ad is gone now, but didn't it say something like "Fluids changed religiously every year."?

FWIW, a few years ago, my Scura had only 200 miles on it. Fresh battery, fresh fluids, no problems except the expected Scura stuff, which this lovely new red Sport is immune to. Mine even had the original tires, which is not a benefit. The age of the tires should at least be considered before undertaking a fly-and ride. But tires can be installed easily.

• Like 1

Fly and ride sounds fun, but I will either pick it up or contract with a hauler.   I will decide today.   I  want to go over the bike thoroughly and put new rubber on it before it starts racking up miles.  

Jim from Rose Farm Classics set up this bike.   I remember when he was prepping these.  His prep is very extensive, but that was almost 10 years ago.  This V11 was sold new in 2009.

Brake and clutch fluids have been changed regularly on this bike also.

Ferracci did the tune and dyno. I am looking forward to seeing the dyno sheet.

Wow congrats on the new bike and welcome to the club. I was fortunate with the fly and ride I did last year with my Norge. The previous owner had maintained it in excellent condition. The tires were several years old but still had plenty of tread and no dry rot cracks upon inspection. If you do the fly and ride just be conservative and watch your speeds. Inspect the tires at each gas stop, if they do show signs of deteriorating, you can always buy a set at the closest bike shop. Good luck and have fun!

Most definitely on the tires...I’d swap them out before riding for sure! Wouldn’t be much fun sliding around a corner and damage that beautiful body work...so why not have the local dealer update whatever is needed...and then ride it!

The riding position will take some getting used to, I wouldn’t recommend hammering out 400 miles on the first day...maybe ramp up a bit..

• Like 1

Early start tomorrow to pick up the V11!!!   It will be a 1700 mile round trip.  My old buddy is going with to keep me company and help load.    I upgraded my Harbor Freight ramp to a much better unit that will make loading more drama free.  

I will post some pictures of the event Sunday. 

• Like 2

I made it home last night.  1770 mile round trip.  The V11 rode in the back of my 2017 Savana van like a baby in a baby carriage.   

IMG_3370.jpg

The bike was exactly as represented - perfect!   The only thing I have to do to the bike is put new rubber on it.  The 15 year old tires look new without the slightest of age checking (as the should with only 819 miles), but I don't want to experiment with how much grip they still have.  I will be riding pretty upright until the new skins arrive.  :)  The bike was "stored" in his living room right under a big framed poster of a Duc 916 in the crate.  I happen to have the same poster but have never spent the $$ to have it framed.

IMG_3372.jpg

Al was sad to see it go.  He was a perfect caretaker for the bike the past 9 years.  The bike was sold new out of the crate in 2009, therefore he was the original owner.

IMG_3365.jpg

The bike had Mistral slip ons, crossover removal, race ECU, and dyno tune work.  All completed by Eraldo Ferracci himself!  Al has known Eraldo Ferracci for many years. 

IMG_3368.jpg

It also has had all the circuit breakers upgraded.

IMG_3371.jpg

Al did a fine job of installing the rear drive remote vent (and trans).  A very clean install.

IMG_3373.jpg

I am draining the old gas out this morning.  After I put fresh gas in I will take it for a ride and report back. 

IMG_3374.jpg

A very successful venture so far!!

• Like 3