Searching for a V11

Dave Swanson

I don't want to start a tire thread, but what would be a good tire for this bike?

I prefer performance over longevity.  This will be my 200 to 300 mile back road scratcher, day tripper. 

Pirelli angel GT or ST IMO.

Seems the GTs last longer but to me the STs are maybe a bit stickier, hard to say for sure going from old tires to new.

There is a great thread here somewhere on tires...

• Like 1

Pirelli angel GT or ST IMO.

Seems the GTs last longer but to me the STs are maybe a bit stickier, hard to say for sure going from old tires to new.

There is a great thread here somewhere on tires...

I just updated this one re Angel ST Front and GT Rear:  https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19602

There may be one or two other tire threads available with diligent searching.  :whistle:

I've tired em all. Used to be an Angel fan. Conti sport attacks. I don't know how long they'll last, but that wasn't on your shopping list.

I've used Dunlop Qualifiers mostly on the Sport.  They handle well, as good as any (actually better IMO), last about the same (which ain't long) but cost a little less than most of the name brands. 

The ol' Sport ran through a rear high dollar Road Pilot in about 4k miles.  Heck, I usually get 7500 from the Bandit.  I'll stick with the Dunlops for now.

My advice, talk to your local motorcycle tire guy or ask Mr Google and get the cheapest tire within the range.  I doubt it will go fewer miles or handle worse than the expensive alternatives.  

I pumped out the old gas and put in fresh no ethanol premium and took it for a get acquainted spin.

This thing pulls hard!!!  From my seat of the pants dyno it pulls harder than my 8 valve 2015 Norge.    Eraldo Ferracci has this bike running like a raped ape!

• Like 2

With a bike that good looking, gawkers will be gathered on every street corner!  Glad you are getting to ride it!  

Wish we could find No Ethanol Premium around here...the best we can get is No Ethanol regular at Bucee's.