V85 motor secrets unveiled

ScuRoo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Well well, what’s the world coming to... recently found out BMW’s newly released F850GS engine is made in China by Loncin!

BMW used to promote it’s products (& pride itself) as having built in undeniable Bavarian quality - I think they might have blotted their brand image on this one... perceptions do matter! I mean, the Chinese people don’t even trust buying baby food if it’s made in China.

But I digress.

Anyhow, here’s the latest V85 TT release with a rider...

And Thomas, they’ve confirmed the 80 hp.

Moto Guzzi back in the game? Absolutely!

Funny that the people who worry most about the horsepower figures are the same ones that say they don't care about the horsepower figures.

Who cares? How fast do you wanna go anyway?

The V85 will never compete with the GS, and Piaggio decided that they would never win against the "bench adventuring" crowd. So, they didn't bother. They built a simpler bike with a lot of flair and that great pushrod engine. 

If it turns out to not be a total POS, I will buy one. I might get one even then....  :rolleyes:  It's just what I want: an urban crossover bike with moderate off-road capabilities. They will sell more of these than those lame Roamers, that's for sure.

Yup totally agree, and with that first multi colored version that’s been circulating, has been getting a lot of interest

And that press gets people into the dealer. So the V7lll and V85 might just help the surviving dealers.

Funny that the people who worry most about the horsepower figures are the same ones that say they don't care about the horsepower figures.

Who cares? How fast do you wanna go anyway?

The V85 will never compete with the GS, and Piaggio decided that they would never win against the "bench adventuring" crowd. So, they didn't bother. They built a simpler bike with a lot of flair and that great pushrod engine. 

If it turns out to not be a total POS, I will buy one. I might get one even then....  :rolleyes:  It's just what I want: an urban crossover bike with moderate off-road capabilities. They will sell more of these than those lame Roamers, that's for sure.

Yup totally agree, and with that first multi colored version that’s been circulating, has been getting a lot of interest

And that press gets people into the dealer. So the V7lll and V85 might just help the surviving dealers.

There is a surviving dealer in east Tennessee? Chattanooga?

Didn't write anything down or get a pix of a sticker, so this is highly suspect info.  But I vaguely remember 12-13K being mentioned, which is WAY cheaper than a Beemer or Triumph equivalent.

Oh, and in dealers by March.

Oh yea, she has an Italian design to her,, Bella figura. Up here in the pile of rocks,,, I think around 20000£.

My last new bike was a 2014 BMW S1000RR HP 4, managed 28000km with it. Many beautiful bikes today to, but really, I'm Not finished with the V11.

Good Friday to everybody ,,, IPA time,,, not Miller time, ( it was when I spend 6 years in Brooklyn )

Cheers tom.

• Like 1