V85 motor secrets unveiled

ScuRoo

Imagine trying to work on one of these in twenty TWO years time when spare instrument panels will be unobtainable.

• Like 2

Refreshingly positive German mag Test report - just run it thru Google Translate (I’ll might add translation later as bit busy right at this moment to do).

I’m looking forward to the inevitable mid size back-to-back KTM, BMW, Tenere etc., comparison reports.

Guzzi should be acknowledged for the great effort as the ONLY air-cooled platform, not forgetting shaftie!

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.1000ps.at/testbericht-3005365-moto-guzzi-v85-tt-2019-test%3famp=1

• Like 1

Refreshingly positive German mag Test report - just run it thru Google Translate (I’ll might add translation later as bit busy right at this moment to do).

I’m looking forward to the inevitable mid size back-to-back KTM, BMW, Tenere etc., comparison reports.

Guzzi should be acknowledged for the great effort as the ONLY air-cooled platform, not forgetting shaftie!

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www.1000ps.at/testbericht-3005365-moto-guzzi-v85-tt-2019-test%3famp=1

"Because the engine convinces even in the very low speed range with unimaginable sophistication, thanks to well-tuned electronics can also be untertourig "noodled" and then offers just from around 3500 to 7000 tours not only a reasonable punch but also pleased with a really robust sound."

"

electronics?

A bike that shows time & temperature & date?  coolant temperature? miles per gallon? miles until fill up? Sport, Touring and Urban mode?, ABS Setting?  Traction control setting? Miles odo, Trip 1 and 2?  Gear?  Fuel level (didn't know how to find it until I wrote this)?  Trip time? Lap time? Average Speed? Several separate and various maintenance & service warnings? PIN code? Lights?  ABS lights?  Other unknown lights?  Menus for dash backlight, Modes to adjust for tire and gear ratio changes, and many more deals that can be done with a three buttons and multi screen? 

Oh and RPM and Speed too.

Maybe 176 pages out of 320 pages of the owner's manual that gets as technical as unlatching the fairing and tupperware. 

That kind of electronics?  

really

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I really wanted to like this new Indian. It's not a V85TT.

Biggest difference is the luggage capability and fuel range of the Guzzi. By comparison, the Indian is just a "city bike." 

Hey, seriously, I got the privilege to ride a V85TT a few days a go. It made me really nervous to be sitting up, with hands out and feet down (compared to the V11 Sport). The bike was very responsive with its wide bars.

The motor is sooooo smooth. Revs so very smoothly to be sneaky-fast.  Just no clatter or drama. Sweet clutch pull, quick gearbox, and > zero < driveline lash.

It would take me a lot of "getting use-to."