Cylinder popping and missing after tune-up

emason

Thanks docc, I can do that tomorrow.

I'll also look at guzzidiag again to see what computer I need

What part of the world are you located? Perhaps someone has some cables you can borrow.

I took the readings on the throttle, progress was "relatively" smooth opening and closing.

Checked the balance today, made a small tweak, so now balanced perfectly, I think. Carb stix rods right together.

Still bad stumbling in first gear and on constant throttle around 3 to 4k.

Guzzidiag: bought the cables a few years ago when that tutorial on wildguzzi stared, had every intension of doing it.

Procrastination once again bites me in the butt. I will try again on a mac.

I gave up on my mac and put guzzidiag on a pc laptop that my exwife gave me. Got it working in less than four hours.

One reading that caught my eye was the CO trim, --123.

I would like to find a good map for a stock V11 Sport once I become a little more familiar with the program.

That was my first thought, but I see that Beetle says if you have to change it more than 20, there is something mechanically wrong.

But -123 is pretty crazy. Maybe I'll try it anyway and see what it does.

I already copied the map

Well, I reset it to 0 today, BIG difference. Still pretty Jerky just off throttle sometimes a little rough rolling off throttle, but definately ridable. Now I feel like it just fine tuning (famous last words) I'm very happy with the result.

Yesterday I spent four hours trying to get guzzidiag to open on pc. Today I used it successfully.

I'd say that call for a drink!

Thanks guys for the help (of course I'm not finished with you lot yet.

I've never used or even seen Guzzidiag, but I have to wonder how the values in the computer's table was changed and how it's related to your tuneup?  And why was only the left cyl affected?

I had a problem like this a few years ago on my 2004 V11 Sport. It ended up that when I was starting it, and did not engage starter long enough to start it popped back, and as I found out after a couple hours of trying to figure out the issue of lean and missing and popping on one cylinder (left one) that the boot between throttle body and head had dislodged aft but was not apparent at a glance. It was leaking air in. When I found it, I was shocked it ran like that.

I just loosened it all up and reinstalled it and everything back to normal. When I checked the right boot it was also not tight (all was as installed from new, never taken apart).