2004 V11 Sport Ballabio ITI Speedometer/Odometer repair

Phillarsen

I am looking to buy a used ITI speedometer to use to take apart and see if I can get some replacement gears made for the worn out plastic gears. My odometer stopped working. I took it apart and confirmed the gears are worn out. As I could not get any replacement gears I put it back together so I could use the bike as speedo still works. 

Would like to work on repair of another broken one while still using the bike. You can also text me at seven seven eight nine nine nine zero zero nine four. Vancouver Canada

When the odometer on mine quit so I moved cogs from the trip meter which has less load on it.

The ultimate solution is to change the clocks for Speedhut, they can match the look and set the new odometer to match your milage.

Most go with the GPS speedo but I prefer the simple pulse input model.

(look at the other thread "Scuds Old V11 LeMans" for a great example of Speedhut)

• Like 2

I am hoping to keep the bike stock, thus the desire to fix the ITI Speedo.

The part number I am hoping to buy is GU01761560 or GU01762490. One is MPH the other KPH. Either one is ok with me.

One where the odometer is not working is what I am looking for or is there is such a thing , one that is working is good to, and I will still take it apart and get replacement gears made

thanks

From memory.. :rolleyes: Greg Field posted a fix several years ago.. if you find a new one. You have to cut it open and lube the gears. The metal gear is the one that wears..again from memory. Hey! I'm old. Can't remember everything. :rasta:

I was going to look into possibly making something, but Rosie the Rosso Corsa went to a friend when I brought the Mighty Scura back to Indiana.

That looks useful and I think the odometer and trip meter gears are there, so I could use it to see about getting some made.

Can I buy it from you?

• 1 year later...

Dragging this up from the past, if anyone gets here looking for answers, the gear that sits on the worm drive, and also the connecting gear up to the odometer are identical in the Ducati ST2/ST4/900SS CEV speedo.

The face looks like this:

PZIbZ90.jpg

The trip button is also the same, so it's a good source of 3 spare parts! 

• Thanks 3

10 hours ago, Grim said:

Dragging this up from the past, if anyone gets here looking for answers, the gear that sits on the worm drive, and also the connecting gear up to the odometer are identical in the Ducati ST2/ST4/900SS CEV speedo.

The face looks like this:

PZIbZ90.jpg

The trip button is also the same, so it's a good source of 3 spare parts! 

Good to know! Do you suppose the entire unit might swap out"?

50 minutes ago, po18guy said:

Good to know! Do you suppose the entire unit might swap out"?

Sadly the body is 85mm, so the entire thing would not.

The internals are pretty much identical, bu the dial is bigger, if the dial could be turned down to 80mm then I believe the whole mechanism would fit into the ITI plastic case. The dials are not interchangeable because of where 0mph sits.

Here is a pic to show the Ducati gear you installed,  the state of the old one, and the Ducati odo/trip gear and reset.

lPJgASj.jpg

blkhMa3.jpg