2004 V11 Sport Ballabio ITI Speedometer/Odometer repair

Phillarsen

I also ran into the ITI/hUR top quality syndrome. My odometer was dead on arrival! stuck on the same mileage for ever.

After getting the Speedo/Odo out of the bike, I opened it to check the root cause of the issue, and what could have caused it.

The worm screw that drives both the Speedo and the Odometer slowly ground itself until the thread was completely stripped.

My explanation, and you are welcome to challenge it, is that the cheap design and build made for no adjustment of the intersect angle between the worm screw and the driven axle as seen on the pictures. The assembly is held together by cold clamping the instrument chassis.

But thanks to LowRyter's tip, it appears I have a working repair solution now...

So for those of you who run into the ITI/hUR stripped worm screw, here's one option, the email below is dated stamped today, May 13th, 2021.

Joel Levine ITI OdometersHUR odometer 8865.8Outside container view backInside container viewMeter reference number inside viewWorm screw detailsFront axel cleaned

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 7/9/2018 at 7:00 PM, Kiwi_Roy said:

When the odometer on mine quit so I moved cogs from the trip meter which has less load on it.

The ultimate solution is to change the clocks for Speedhut, they can match the look and set the new odometer to match your milage.

Most go with the GPS speedo but I prefer the simple pulse input model.

(look at the other thread "Scuds Old V11 LeMans" for a great example of Speedhut)

The GPS speedo and tach are his best bet. Install it and forget it. The whole "self lubricating plastic gears" thing was a mega fail for our bikes. 

And those guys print the dials to look just like the ITI or Veglias too. 

• Like 1