V11 Wet throttle body

Canonman

Dear Sirs,

Hello,

My name is Blazej. Living in Poland - Europe.

Last Sunday, I've bought a 2002 Tenni.

I have one question:

Anybody has a problem with wet throttle body?

My both sides are wet of petrol.

Can You tell me what can I do with this?

Replace or regeneration?

Can You give me some tips?

IMG_0973M.jpg

Thank You

Blazej

Hi, Blazej!

Many of these V11 will do that if the ignition is switched on and off without starting, or starting only briefly (pressurizing the fuel system).

There are those who have changed the O-rings on the shafts.

Spray cleaning the spring and bottom area under the throttle body ( with throttle body cleaner) may be worth trying! :luigi:

Best of luck, and welcome!

• Like 1

Czesc Blazej,

The leak may be coming from above the throttle body at the petcock, feel up above to see if there is any fuel dripping from the tank where the petcock screws in, or the petcock itself.  I ended up having to replace the old petcock (the inside filter was also very dirty) and put new o-ring on it as well.  Leaking has minimized, but not 100% completely gone...seems that these older bikes do have some minor inconveniences.  Also check to see that the red switch for starting the fuel pump is in the off position, even if the bike is turned off at the ignition.

BJ,

I was thinking that a Decent Tune-up might be beneficial if the bike is running rich or the CO Fuel Trim is not correct. Worth doing:

Decent Tune-up

(Look for this thread to move to "Technical Topics", the preferred sub-forum for questions and discussion.)

My throttle bodies dripped here from new. The dealer told me about not just turning it on and off or running it briefly. *(I was strating it up all the time just to listen to the beautiful sounds ! ! :food:  )

Moto Guzzi paid to replace the entire throttle body/ injection rail under warranty, but the dealer was right about the brief starts making that drip.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I added STP fluid to the fuel that cleans the injectors. In addition, I followed the Docc guidelines, I do not start the engine every time :-)

• Like 1