Anyone Using the G-B ECU on their V11 Sport?

jbntx

Hi everyone, back again after a long absence. I'm finishing a long teardown of my 2000 V11 Sport, replacing rubber bits, improving wiring stuff, etc. I saw an ECU on Ghezzi-Brian's website that supports dynamic mapping, and he claims it will work on the 2000. Has anyone else used one, and what are your thoughts on it? It sounds like it would really help in the lower RPMs, where the bike likes to stumble a bit.

Thanks!

Jerry

No help on the ECU but if your bike doesn't have the transmission brace on it, this might be a good time to get and install one.  Said brace will prevent a cracked transmission case for red frame bikes.

• Like 3

jbntx, with the wonders of guzzidaig, compatible cabling, and TunerPro, you can interface with your existing ECU and do everything you wish. (Probably won't take much unless you are making radical modifications.)

jbntx, with the wonders of guzzidaig, compatible cabling, and TunerPro, you can interface with your existing ECU and do everything you wish. (Probably won't take much unless you are making radical modifications.)

I agree, docc, but as much as the weather changes here in north Texas, it might help me not have to chase it all the time. If tuning is not that sensitive, then you're right, I'd be wasting money.

jb

Since the existing system senses air and engine temperature, and barometric pressure, what is it about the weather that one would have to adjust for manually?

I would recommend Guzzitech for a reflash . Call him up , tell him your setup , ship your ecu and he sends it back. I had it done to my Lemans. It completely changed the bike . Loved it so much I did it to my Scura.

With the one time charge you can get as many maps you want . He also sells a kit where you can do it at home that comes with a tablet . Pricy but you'd basically have what he's got .

The options seems like: GB ECU which probably isn’t cheap. And what software do you use?

Power Commanders are still popular and can be updated too.

Sending your ECU off is another choice.

But we have the option of doing it ourselves with Guzzidiag so if you like messing with it you can.

The last is obviously the cheapest although it will take more effort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No help on the ECU but if your bike doesn't have the transmission brace on it, this might be a good time to get and install one.  Said brace will prevent a cracked transmission case for red frame bikes.

Got a link or more info on where to procure that ? I'd like to do that on my greenie when the clutch gets fixed. 

Thx

Vt4L

Since the existing system senses air and engine temperature, and barometric pressure, what is it about the weather that one would have to adjust for manually?

It definitely senses and is affected by it, but I don't think the mapping changes automatically as a result. I think the existing system makes some changes to cope, but I don't know that they are moving the bike from one optimum state to another optimum state, per se. Maybe I'm wrong, but I remember twiddling with Guzzidiag to chase changing states, and I am wondering if having a system that dynamically adjusts would cut that out.

jb

But we have the option of doing it ourselves with Guzzidiag so if you like messing with it you can.

Unfortunately, my time available for messing with things has gone way down, so I am trying to figure out where it makes sense to cut down on some of those things without having to send it to the shop every time it gets a sniffle.

So how does this dynamic thing work? Seems to me you need a closed loop system for that with an O2 sensor. Like the WM15RC or the MyECU.

Got a link or more info on where to procure that ? I'd like to do that on my greenie when the clutch gets fixed. 

Thx

Vt4L

Contact Don at Motiv in OKC

http://www.motivcycleworks.com

Don't wait for the clutch to wear out.  That might be 100k+ miles.  The gearbox case will be cracked at about 35k miles (if you ride like I do).

Thanks! It is probably already cracked - I have a small leak in the tranny somewhere that drips onto the pipe and smells wonderful. It's never enough to make it to the ground, but there is definitely a small leak somewhere. Clutch is already slipping at WOT in high gears, but it's fine if I take it easy.

Hope to put this off until next year for spousal harmony....

VT4L

• Like 1