V11 Sport Scura - 8-valve engine (4 per cylinder)

GuzzBun

I bought this bike new in 2002. It’s only been ridden by me and has been garaged all of its life. After about 32K miles I decided to give it a complete rebuild. Since the rebuild I’ve ridden less than 2000 miles. It's now a unique machine - an 8-valve engine (ex-Daytona) V11 extra dark Scura. For a V11 it is seriously swift, and the exhaust tone is awesome.
The work consisted of:
• Complete bottom-up rebuild
• Engine swapped for a re-built ex-Daytona 4 valve (per-cylinder), upped to 1105cc
• Oil pump replaced with Das Motec billet item (with needle roller bearings), gears replaced with steel items by Joe Caruso
• Front frame modified to accommodate the 4-valve engine
• Raceco camshafts
• Frame, wheels, brake levers, engine and various other parts powder coated satin black
• Wheels powder coated gloss grey
• Hydraulic reservoir mountings fashioned in alloy and zylan-coated
• Footpegs zylan-coated, with raised parts bare to accentuate the "grenade" look
• Carbon rear hugger
• All fixings replaced with stainless items
• Ohlins rebuilt
• Sideplates powder coated "Jaguar Red"
• Replaced all brake and oil hoses, banjos and fittings with Goodrich stainless items
• Raceco-style exhaust stainless downpipes by MHP
• Factory Titanium cans
• Removed pillion pegs and hangars - replaced by alloy hangars without pillion pegs (this bike is for one - no-one else!
• Seat base modified with integral rear light cluster
• Rounded-off swing-arm ends
• Indicators replaced with small multi-LED units
• MG decals redesigned in gloss black against the satin black bodywork
The collage below is low res - hi res pictures are available if you want them. The bike is taxed, MOTd to August and available for road test by serious enquirers - includes personalised number plate GU51GUY.

£9500.00
PM me for more details and location

Moto Guzzi V11 Sport Scura (7).JPG

Are you sure you mean a four valve engine? My Rosso Corsa has that, perhaps you really mean an eight valve engine. Four valves per cylinder x two cylinders.

Edit: Hi GuzBun, just re-read my reply to you and realise it comes accross as rather rude. I was trying to make sure your advert would recieve the attention it requires, suggest either call it an eight valve motor or four valve head.

Are you sure you mean a four valve engine? My Rosso Corsa has that, perhaps you really mean an eight valve engine. Four valves per cylinder x two cylinders.

Moto Guzzi saddled us with this confusion. The Daytona were inscribed "4V", in contrast to the other BigBlocks which were

"two valve' (per cylinder or per head). So, yes an eight valve engine, 4V per head.

20151104-1993-moto-guzzi-daytona-1000-ri

The next generation 1200 engine for the 1200Sport, Griso, Stelvio, Norge were "Quattro Valvole," again, per head:

(Early 1200 offerings were still two valve/head.)

2013-Moto-Guzzi-Griso-8V-SE-Black-Devil_

Seems that after all the early 1200 "4V" valve train failures, the bikes started being called "8V", even though the motor is still the "Quattro Valvole."

Paris_-_Salon_de_la_moto_2011_-_Moto_Guz

As I am in no way an expert on post-V11 Moto Guzzi, I invite clarification from those more familiar with the later (1200) nomenclature, as well as the Original Poster with his  :notworthy: fabulous Scura on offer. :thumbsup:

[Also, GuzzBun, I will take this post down if you prefer.)

• Like 1

Hi nice to see your lovely Scura, I've owned most of the V11s in the UK but never seen yours before, I'm interested in doing the integral rear lamp job on my lightly modded Nero Corsa, can you point me towards which lamp unit you used please

IMG_0688.JPG

68C - yes - pick a number - 4 or 8. No offence taken to be sure  :thumbsup: - sorry for any confusion - and thanks for suggesting modifying the post - I've done that. It is a V11 Sport Scura, with an ex-Daytona 8 valve motor, similar to the motor in my V10 Centauro but slightly larger capacity.

Docc - no need to take the post down, I think it's sufficiently de-confused now  :grin:

Steve S - I'll find out details and let you know.

• Like 1