So Cal Guzzi Rally

groundhog105

We are putting on another Guzzi Rally this year. It will be held again in Southern California in north San Diego County at the Lake Henshaw Resort on October 19-21. Last year was great fun and we had a great turnout. There is no cost to attend but if you want to stay at the resort make reservations early 760-782-3487. Most of you know the riding area is fantastic and the Resort is at the base of Mt. Palomar. I hope to see a lot of you there.

Bob Johnson

• 2 months later...

I rode Palomar Mtn. yesterday taking the S6, which is the main road up the mountain, and the S7 East Grade Road that goes down the backside to Lake Henshaw.  Due to a recent storm there was some gravel and sand in a few corners toward the top of Palomar on the S6.  The S7 had more random gravel and sandy areas which were generally more toward the upper part of the road.  There was even a downed tree that protruded into the road a bit...  

Not sure how much the conditions will change prior to the upcoming rally, but wanted all to be aware so that you don't go blasting through corners and being surprised. 

• Like 1

Boy, I hate missing this one, Kevin.. but Dorcia's kid is remodeling. He said he could through a tarp over the porch floor and we could stay underneath, but we decided the accommodations might be a little spartan.

Yeah, we had a decent storm - and there is likely to be sand around blind corners. What fun.

Santa Ana winds are starting now (increased fire risk). Hopefully all will be settled in time for those attending, but I will be away for work.