MGS-01 Carbon Fender on My '03 V11

BLIGHT

Hi folks,

I ordered a CF MGS-01 CF front fender online about a week ago from Moto Forza in CZ and it arrived today in sunny California!

Great quality, fast shipping, decent price too... this thing is feather-light, unbelievable! About a couple of hundred USD $ clams delivered.

I've been looking for a CF front fender (mudguard if you wish) for my V11 Sport for a some time now.

I found this one they make for the MGS-01, and I'm not sure if it was ever used on other V11 models... experts can chime in!

I have the OEM Marzozzhi forks (actually love them!) on my bike so I just made up some simple brackets to mount up the new fender.

I'll paint these brackets black later, after some additional minor adjustments....

The OEM bulky V11 Sport plastic fender has some pretty funky, well, 'swoopy' styling to go in and around the forks.

Well, it's just not my cup of tea... sorry guys, I just prefer this leaner and cleaner front fender look on my V11 Sport.... it's just sportier, eh?!

Looks to me like it lost 10 lbs visually from the front end...

So... this new CF fender is mounted, and I went for a test ride on a very bumpy road (that's all we have in California!) and all is secure.

Here she is in the original glorious 'cabernet' color... I love the new look!

Zh6iwi0.jpg

QFdh6x7.jpg

0wIzhVJ.jpg

Cheers!

BLIGHT

• Like 2

I also like the cleaned up tail-section. Did you do this yourself or bought a kit for that? (If yes, which one?)

And sporty pipes as well!

In the Netherlands the fenders have a real function. That is why we would call them mud-guards :-).

Verstuurd met Tapatalk

That flyscreen has a Guzzi logo on it, but I don't think its original.....is it?

Yeah, the fender is cool.

I think that is the same fender as I put on my Scura. The part is meant to fit the Ohlins forks. More details at this post in the encyclopedia of compatible parts.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19514&p=215632

And here is the Scura with fender installed:

IMG_7969.jpg

I also like the cleaned up tail-section. Did you do this yourself or bought a kit for that? (If yes, which one?)

And sporty pipes as well!

In the Netherlands the fenders have a real function. That is why we would call them mud-guards :-).

Verstuurd met Tapatalk

HI, thanks.... the rear section is really just unbolting unnecessary parts, and then I fabbed up a plate-mount and a separate but simple bracket for smaller turn-signals... easy-peasy. There was no cutting involved, so it could be returned to stock....although I don't know why anyone would.

Nice work

Cheers!

That flyscreen has a Guzzi logo on it, but I don't think its original.....is it?

Yeah, the fender is cool.

Thanks! The CF flyscreen is a Ducati part (Monster?) and I searched the entire internet to find some 3D 'gel' Moto Guzzi stickers the right size and color.

I put the silver V11 screen on my Triumph Thruxton, and made a 'Thruxton' vinyl sticker to cover the silver flying Eagle.

a lovely piece of work. I would prefer a teeeeeeeensie bit more cover to the rear, but since It doesn't rain there, you'll be fine. Do they do one for the rear tire?

Thanks very much... it is a shorty... the CF one I bought for my VFR1200 was a bit short at the back too, but there is a company 'Extenda-Fender' that makes little extensions in plastic or CF.

Looks like it was part of the fender after installation. By the way, the VFR1200 has the same front fender and mirrors as the 2006 Honda CBR1000RR.

I think that is the same fender as I put on my Scura. The part is meant to fit the Ohlins forks. More details at this post in the encyclopedia of compatible parts.

https://www.v11lemans.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19514&p=215632

Nice looking bike and cool front fender!

Hey guys,

I have also been looking for a V11 Sport CF rear seat (pillion) cowl for months.... they are 'unobtanium' I guess.

I thought one of the V11 models had it? Or none?

I have an ebay spare V11 painted pillion cowl, so I might get a CF 'skinning kit' and try it myself. There are ebay kits for about 70 USD.

It's a pretty easy DIY project compared to other stuff I've done in my shop. Here's how it's done:

BLIGHT

After looking at it, I am going to add a protective screen over the oil-cooler.

It measures about 8.50" x 4.25", so I'll take a look at the local hardware store for a stainless steel perforated screen to fit over the dainty little cooler.

I'm in a cool and stable year-round climate, so a little loss in cooling efficiency with the screen in place shouldn't affect the max oil temp much.

On the other side, a large rock or other road shrapnel thrown up off of the back of the front wheel into the delicate oil cooler... it could ruin your day! 

The shorter rear of the new CF front fender got me to thinking about it, but this could apply to bikes with the stock fender as well, as shrapnel can bounce off of the pavement at high speed.

I'll post a pic of my solution in the next few days, eh? (I'll also look for a thread here too on oil-cooler protection)

Cheers!

BLIGHT 

PS: I've seen the Harper-Moto screens and some others, but I can do this for a LOT less than $300 USD.