Veglia again, again.. pointers and repair.

Niels Knudsen

Hi all.

Last week both my speedometer and tacho stopped working. Speedo at Zero and tacho steady at 7000 rpm working upwards. Pointers very fainted. Decided to repair. Removed bezel as otherwise described, painted pointers with red nailpolish. Found loose counterweight in tachohousing (clic-clac). Repositioned counterweigt and glued it. Put meters back together. Speedocable was broken, replaced. Now a happy man......

Photos at this link:

Greetings from Niels Knudsen, DK

• Like 4

Nice walk through. I had to repair my gauges, the lightbulb socket had come loose and shorted against the housing. 

Symptoms were no tach light and no tail light.....

Hi all.

Last week both my speedometer and tacho stopped working. Speedo at Zero and tacho steady at 7000 rpm working upwards. Pointers very fainted. Decided to repair. Removed bezel as otherwise described, painted pointers with red nailpolish. Found loose counterweight in tachohousing (clic-clac). Repositioned counterweigt and glued it. Put meters back together. Speedocable was broken, replaced. Now a happy man......

Photos at this link:

Greetings from Niels Knudsen, DK

Nice work but why nail polish? Is it more durable than red paint?

I spoke to a local automotive instrument repair company a couple of years ago about these instruments and re colouring the pointer. He was faimiliar with the colour which he refered to as Dogs @#$$#! red.

Dont know what dog he owns and dont want to find out either.

Ciao  

Hello Lukcy Phil.

I used nailpolish, because my wife always have a heck of trouble removing it. So I thought it will be durable. And it was easy to applicate with the built-in brush, and furthermore cheap, because I stole it from "She Who Must Be Obeyed."

Greetings from Dk.

Niels.

• Like 1

Hello Lukcy Phil.

I used nailpolish, because my wife always have a heck of trouble removing it. So I thought it will be durable. And it was easy to applicate with the built-in brush, and furthermore cheap, because I stole it from "She Who Must Be Obeyed."

Greetings from Dk.

Niels.

Sounds logical:) thanks.

Ciao