Wow, Pikes Peak Run

I lived in Colorado Springs for 9 years, that's where my accent is from, for those who've met me , which is at the base of Pikes Peak.

Hiked it 3 times & climbed alot in the foothills there. Whenever visitors came I'd take them up the road to the top. In the early 90's it was only paved 1/2 way, so racing a vehicle was more of a Rally event than road racing. Most people would get lightheaded at the top, some headaches fairly quickly.

The riding, on the video, amazed me , the commitment into the turns! This isn't a smooth surfaced racetrack.. The roads have in places 1000's of feet of dropoff & the roads often have the rock debris scattered over the surface from the freeze thaw cycles on the rockfaces above.

Kudos to him !!

• Like 1

I lived in Colorado Springs for 9 years, that's where my accent is from, for those who've met me .   .   .

That-there is right-funny! :grin:

Happy Birthday, noblewood! :thumbsup::drink:

I lived in Colorado Springs for 9 years, that's where my accent is from, for those who've met me , which is at the base of Pikes Peak.

Hiked it 3 times & climbed alot in the foothills there. Whenever visitors came I'd take them up the road to the top. In the early 90's it was only paved 1/2 way, so racing a vehicle was more of a Rally event than road racing. Most people would get lightheaded at the top, some headaches fairly quickly.

The riding, on the video, amazed me , the commitment into the turns! This isn't a smooth surfaced racetrack.. The roads have in places 1000's of feet of dropoff & the roads often have the rock debris scattered over the surface from the freeze thaw cycles on the rockfaces above.

Kudos to him !!

We have visited Colorado Springs twice so far, likely will be back this fall as we are passing through to Ouray and Moab. Not only is Pikes Peak awesome, so is the Garden of the Gods.

Nice place to live I think.